Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MiniMe Thoughts  (Read 13957 times)

Offline danmorgan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:MiniMe Thoughts
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2003, 01:32:16 AM »
im talking purely on manufacturing- the unit should have a female connector on the back so that one could do locking 4 pin to locking 4 pin

I thought so,  same with the Inputs....  I thought you had word on some sort of mod here. :-\

Tim

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2003, 01:57:20 AM »
to go back to this wallwart thing- wall warts for portable gear like this are a BAD solution.  There needs to be a locking power cable of some sort.  Why have a cable that can very easily come loose with a slight jostle?  Why not just spend the extra buck and make it a locking xlr connector?  There are any number of locking solutions for this!

Some of you must have gotten screwed by your retailer. The cable that I use sits in *very* snuggly and I can pick up the unit and move it all around and plug/unplug from the spdif and aes without any problems. I guess locking would be nice but it's not necesary with the power cable that I got.

jpschust

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2003, 02:26:51 AM »
dan, if i can get ahold of a unit for a bit i might be able to see what i could do on moding it.  if nothing else i could probably hard wire the connection internally > 4 pin so that you would essentially have a pigtail with a 4pin xlr on it.

Offline danmorgan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2003, 02:33:48 AM »
if nothing else i could probably hard wire the connection internally > 4 pin so that you would essentially have a pigtail with a 4pin xlr on it.

Not much room internally.  Pigtail idea is a good one...it could be clamped well and be a good option.  I think I'll be checking it out soon, tommorrow if I have time.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com