Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: question about rechargeable AA batteries for D7  (Read 1777 times)

Offline red

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
question about rechargeable AA batteries for D7
« on: October 08, 2006, 10:42:21 PM »
I would like to get rechargeable AA's for my Sony TCD-D7.  Before I take the plunge, I would like to be sure that I can get a decent record time out of the batteries (at least 3 hours).  Does anyone have any advice or recommendations (or words of caution?). 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
Re: question about rechargeable AA batteries for D7
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 10:03:25 AM »
I like the MAHA Powerex batteries.  I bought some of the 1800 capacity ones a few years ago and they gave me about 5.5 or 6 hours out of my D8.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 01:10:39 PM »
I've had recent great luck with the duracells and the duracell charger.  These are, I believe now over 2000mah.

That said, your best bet is to buy (IMHO) is to be really conservative power-wise and pick up enough sets of batteries so that you can swap batteries when you swap tapes. 

Offline red

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 11:24:24 PM »
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts.  I agree, on being conservative power wise.  Better to be the fool who splurges on batteries than the fool whose batteries drain during the surprise encore.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com