Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A D8, a Mini-Me, and a 6V 7.2 AH SLA.......  (Read 2204 times)

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
A D8, a Mini-Me, and a 6V 7.2 AH SLA.......
« on: July 02, 2008, 01:44:36 AM »

How long could I expect to reasonably power a D8 and a Mini-Me, using a 6V 7.2 AH SLA, before recharging?  I was surprised the mini-me only uses 5 watts.

Kevin

??? :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 04:27:36 AM by capnhook »
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • it's recreational
Re: A D8, a Mini-Me, and a 6V 7.2 AH SLA.......
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 08:22:22 AM »
D8 = ~200 mAh
MMe= ~800 mAh

So basically you're looking at ~1 amp/hour total draw

7.2 / 1 * .8 = ~5.75 hours

more info here:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,2461.0.html
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,2460.0.html
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 08:25:40 AM by drewloo »

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 02:48:05 PM »

Great!  +T

How about another......how long should I exprct just the mini-me to operate usefully on a sled of four "D" alkaline cells?

??? :laugh:

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • it's recreational
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 07:17:57 PM »
per Wiki an average D-cell battery's capacity is at least 12,000 mAh ( :o ), so 12,000 / 800 = 15 hours.

I'd take 2 or 3 hours off for wiggle-room.  Pretty amazing that 4 d-cells = 1 12Ah 6V SLA.  Unless my math is wrong, which it probably is.   :-X

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 12:52:12 PM »
i'm finding that at 800mA load, Duracells are rated at around 4Ah, not 12.....they have much less capacity when discharged at a high rate.

I'd better not run these more than 4 hours to say in the safe zone?   ???

Offline sanaka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Perpetual n00b
    • My first Dead show
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 05:28:15 PM »
Pretty amazing that 4 d-cells = 1 12Ah 6V SLA.  Unless my math is wrong, which it probably is.

No it's not! Alkaline batteries are indeed just freekin' amazing, IF..... your amp draw is small. I haven't quite puzzled out whether the amp draw capability differences between AA'a and D's is significant, but unfortunately, it seems that most taping equipment draws more than what alkalines can optimally supply. So you never get the full AH numbers. Whereas you do with nickel, lithium, and lead. But their total numbers are lower for the volume and/or mass. Where is the free lunch, that's what I want to know  ::)

Peace,
Sanaka

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com