Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wireless subwoofers  (Read 2357 times)

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Wireless subwoofers
« on: May 02, 2018, 06:21:10 PM »
Does anyone have experience with wireless subwoofers?  I like the idea of having more freedom in placement, but I wonder if the wireless connections can be flaky or impact the sound.  FWIW, this is for a stereo system with music as the priority, not a home theater-oriented system.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Wireless subwoofers
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 11:07:53 AM »
I have a wireless sub with my soundbar and it seems fine - I use the soundbar setup for Bluetooth listening sometimes and it sounds surprisingly good and fairly neutral.

I went with a regular, wired, powered sub for my critical listening setup. It sits on the shelf under my mix desk and the AR M2s sit up top on the monitor shelf.

I have it wired to the headphone output of the Focusrite USB interface that I use for playback - not ideal but I can adjust the balance of the sub separately - from sitting at the desk not having to dig around behind the sub to get at the level knob - necessary for living in a loft space when I share walls with a neighbor. Next month I'm moving into a house and will wire the sub more conventionally.

I was looking at Dayton wireless subs from Parts Express but ended up going with the fairly inexpensive Polk 10 https://www.amazon.com/Polk-10-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer-Single/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1525619127&sr=8-1&keywords=polk+10+sub. It has all the features I was looking for and sounds surprisingly good to be so small.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com