Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: First time filming  (Read 42 times)

Offline Pieteker

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
First time filming
« on: Today at 04:14:25 AM »
Hi,

This Sunday, I will be filming my first-ever gig at the Palladium in Cologne. I'm using my Sony DSC-WX500 mounted on a small mini HAMA tripod for support. It doesn't have manual focus, but it does come with an inbuilt stabilizer, which would be of good use, I think. I also hacked the software so it can film for 3 hours non-stop. I'm going to film in the AVCHD format, 1080p @ 25 fps.

Are there any things I'm missing here, and do you have any advice for getting a good recording?

P.S. Can I use Handbrake to encode (and join) the .mts files into MPEG2, and then burn them onto a DVD with DVDStyler?

Thanks,
Pieter

Offline Pieteker

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: First time filming
« Reply #1 on: Today at 04:15:37 AM »
Hi,

This Sunday, I will be filming my first-ever gig at the Palladium in Cologne. I'm using my Sony DSC-WX500 mounted on a small mini HAMA tripod for support. It doesn't have manual focus, but it does come with an inbuilt stabilizer, which would be of good use, I think. I also hacked the software so it can film for 3 hours non-stop. I'm going to film in the AVCHD format, 1080p @ 25 fps.

Are there any things I'm missing here, and do you have any advice for getting a good recording?

P.S. Can I use Handbrake to encode (and join) the .mts files into MPEG2, and then burn them onto a DVD with DVDStyler?

Thanks,
Pieter

btw: I'm also recording audio externally.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com