Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: NOS at an outdoor festival?  (Read 1773 times)

Offline aberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Team Canada
NOS at an outdoor festival?
« on: August 21, 2004, 10:56:38 AM »
Ok, here's my question... because of the crappiness of my superlux t-bar (which I won't be upgrading for the next little while due to school starting up again), I can really only successfully run in NOS (30cm spacing, 90deg angle)... I plan to tape outdoors either by the soundboard tent or slightly FOB... as close to centre as possible... would running NOS produce some good tapes at this location, or should I just point the mics at either stack and hope for the best?

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
Re: NOS at an outdoor festival?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 10:59:58 AM »
I've run NOS w/ cards a few times at outdoor shows with enjoyable results.  I find I like NOS best closer up, so if you can get a bit FOB it may help.  But, of course, it all depends on how far back the board is from the stage, how wide the stacks are, etc.  I say give it a go.  :)
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline aberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Team Canada
Re: NOS at an outdoor festival?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 11:03:13 AM »
Yeah, I think I'll do that... not only do I have to deal with the crappy t-bar, but my superlux shockmounts have worn out threadings, so I always have to tape them in position so they don't swivel. I measured out NOS and picked a refernce on my mic bodies to see how far they have to stick through... and I taped the t-bar/shockmount assembly together preformed into NOS... so I can just attach to stand and go. Makes it harder to carry in a bag, but sometimes shitty gear calls for shitty measures. hahaha. I hope NOS works out.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com