Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG 300 series actives questions  (Read 2423 times)

ac

• Trade Count: (0)
AKG 300 series actives questions
« on: August 31, 2005, 06:36:27 PM »
Is these a way to do turn AKG 300 series and caps into an active setup? Ghetto version not the MK 90/3 + H 98.

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
Re: AKG 300 series actives questions
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 06:43:48 PM »
Someone here did hardwire a line soldering into the cap and then running it to a miniplug and battery box i think.

Other than that, I have tried before and failed because basically there is circuitry in the active cable that makes it work.  If you wanted to try I was able to order parts (for a failed project) from akg USA, both ends of the AKG active cable and tried soldering my own cable in between.  For some reason it did not work.  They also only had enough for one cable.
mics & cameras

ac

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 07:13:13 PM »
So what the deal with the MK 90/3 + H 98? Is it just and extension and is that a mount attached to it? Is 10ft all you get on it?

Offline Sanjay

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 09:30:30 PM »
So what the deal with the MK 90/3 + H 98? Is it just and extension and is that a mount attached to it? Is 10ft all you get on it?

basically it just seperates the caps from the bodies, some have the mount some don't.  I just made a mount.  it gives you 3 meters a bit mroe than 10ft

mics & cameras

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 09:52:26 PM »
Someone here did hardwire a line soldering into the cap and then running it to a miniplug and battery box i think.

Other than that, I have tried before and failed because basically there is circuitry in the active cable that makes it work.  If you wanted to try I was able to order parts (for a failed project) from akg USA, both ends of the AKG active cable and tried soldering my own cable in between.  For some reason it did not work.  They also only had enough for one cable.

That was me!  Take a look at:
  www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~mannr/AKG
There you will find detailed mechanical and electrical drawings for the bodies and the capsules and a picture of my setup.
By the way, this was not my design.  This is exactly what AKG did for a battery operated "field recording" rig.  I don't think they sell this to end users though.

Oh yeah, how much are the bayonet connectors, the ones that go on the *capsule* end.  I would really use a pair of those if I choose to do this with another set of caps.

Richard
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 09:55:25 PM by poorlyconditioned »
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

Offline Sanjay

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 10:08:03 PM »

Oh yeah, how much are the bayonet connectors, the ones that go on the *capsule* end.  I would really use a pair of those if I choose to do this with another set of caps.

Richard

contact akg USA, they quoted me $100 for both ends of the active capsule so I imagine about $100 for the set.
mics & cameras

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com