Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: "No media found" CF problem with microtrack  (Read 7311 times)

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
"No media found" CF problem with microtrack
« on: May 30, 2006, 02:17:38 PM »
Hey all,

I got a new Kingston elite 45x 4GB card and tried to use it in the microtracker this weekend. But the MT won't recognize the card. I have rebooted and reinserted over and over but no dice. I put the card into 2 different digital cameras and both of them could read and write to the card with no problem. Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Thanks,
Ben

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: "No media found" CF problem with microtrack
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 03:49:01 PM »
Hey all,

I got a new Kingston elite 45x 4GB card and tried to use it in the microtracker this weekend. But the MT won't recognize the card. I have rebooted and reinserted over and over but no dice. I put the card into 2 different digital cameras and both of them could read and write to the card with no problem. Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Thanks,
Ben

Yes this happened to me before only If I use an external power via USB before booting with the CF in. It only happens to me when I use external power. After booting with the card in, you can then put on the external power. Do not use external power while booting with the CF in. Maybe this will work, it worked for me.
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline BC

• Bongo Bongo
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 07:51:25 PM »
damn is this weird, tried running off batt power, still no media found. I can attach the MT to my laptop and format the card that way, the laptop sees 3.8 GB available, but once disconnected it still says no media found. I even copied a music file from the lappy over to the card, but the MT just will not see the card on its own.  >:(    WTF, this microcrapper gets me frustrated sometimes.

Offline clarson

• Taperssection Regular
    • Workingman's Tracker
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 10:17:28 PM »
I'm having the same problem with a Ritek 4GB card

Offline BC

• Bongo Bongo
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 10:26:00 PM »

does it register ok in a digi cam or as an external drive when you hook it to a computer? just wonderin'

Offline clarson

• Taperssection Regular
    • Workingman's Tracker
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 10:45:44 PM »

does it register ok in a digi cam or as an external drive when you hook it to a computer? just wonderin'

It works just fine on my Canon 350. My pc recognizes with through a card reader as well as the MT. But no dice with the the MT....

I'd tell you the message I'm getting but now i can't even get the POS to boot up with or without the card. last saturday i taped fareed haque group. since my only card that works is a microdrive (albeit with errors at 24/48) i had to use that. it seemed to work okay for the first set at 16/48 (however i haven't listened to it yet). during the fareed set, i looked down at the md was off. i automatically assumed the batteries in my usb battery box were dead, but the green light was still on. so i booted it up and it automatically shut down again.luckily my primary rig was still running good and the tapes came out good.
 i didn't check it again till just now to find that it won't start at all. what a junker...... this thing is a serious piece of crap

Offline viega

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 06:53:50 PM »
Having the exact same problem w/ a 4GB Sandisk.  It worked for a while, now nothing I do makes it work, though it works in every other device under the sun.

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 03:55:32 AM »
Having the exact same problem w/ a 4GB Sandisk.  It worked for a while, now nothing I do makes it work, though it works in every other device under the sun.

A lot of you guys are having similar problems, so what firmware version is being used?  Version seems an important issue with faults experienced on this deck as they are ALL BETA leaving it up to us to find at sometimes critical times.

Also VERY important to ALWAYS reformat the cards whenever taken out of the deck, and VERY WISE to reformat after deleting files as not doing this makes some decks 'trip' over leftover file fragments and discontinuous memory space.

Sometimes completely SHUTTING DOWN THE DECK, REMOVING external power, removing the MEMORY CARD,  and then REINSERTING CARD FOR REFORMAT PROCESS IN THE DECK can work magic when nothing else seems to work.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline BC

• Bongo Bongo
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 01:15:36 PM »

A lot of you guys are having similar problems, so what firmware version is being used?  Version seems an important issue with faults experienced on this deck as they are ALL BETA leaving it up to us to find at sometimes critical times.

Also VERY important to ALWAYS reformat the cards whenever taken out of the deck, and VERY WISE to reformat after deleting files as not doing this makes some decks 'trip' over leftover file fragments and discontinuous memory space.

Sometimes completely SHUTTING DOWN THE DECK, REMOVING external power, removing the MEMORY CARD,  and then REINSERTING CARD FOR REFORMAT PROCESS IN THE DECK can work magic when nothing else seems to work.

1.2.3 for me. I have been thinking about trying a reinstall or update and testing the CF again. I have done the power down followed by card reinsertion over and over, with no luck.

Offline BC

• Bongo Bongo
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 02:00:56 PM »
Ok, I got the new CF to work. I upgraded the firmware to 1.4.1b1 and shut down, then inserted the new CF and formatted the media with no problem.

It remains to be seen if this firmware will work for recording though.  :P 

Offline BC

• Bongo Bongo
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 02:11:49 PM »
I then went back and reinstalled 1.2.3 for recording since that has been working for me fine. On reboot after the firmware it again will not recognize the CF card. Looks like not seeing the CF cards can definitely have something to do with the firmware version. I want to be able to use both cards in case I am at a festival, but am wary at the moment of recording on the new 1.4.1b1 firmware via SPDIF.

Offline viega

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 02:15:59 AM »
Had the problem w/ both the current beta and the previous version.

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 08:07:47 AM »
No problems with ver1.4 (or ver1.2.3) using both a sandisk 4g card and a kington elite 4g card. In fact I haven't had a single problem with the media being recognized by the MT ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 01:09:03 PM »
No problems with ver1.4 (or ver1.2.3) using both a sandisk 4g card and a kington elite 4g card. In fact I haven't had a single problem with the media being recognized by the MT ...

Through a friend of mine I have access to a lot of different CF media and have tried them all with the MicroTrack (only at 24/48 though so YMMV).

Here's a list of media I've seen work. Mabye we can start our own compatible media list.

Hitachi 4 GB Microdrive
Verbatim 64 MB CF
Kodak 64 MB CF
SimpleTech 128MB CF
Lexar 160MB 8x CF
JAMedia Pro 256 MB CF
PNY 2GB CF
SanDisk 1 GB CF
Verbatim 2GB CF
Lexar 1 GB CF
Kingston 1024 MB CF
Transcend 4GB 45x CF
Hitachi 2GB Microdrive
Hitachi 6 GB Microdrive
Kingston 512 MB CF
Kingston 4GB 45X Elite Pro
Sandisk Ultra II 8 GB
Sandisk 128MB CF
JAMeida Pro 1GB CF

J.T.

Offline landshark

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 02:50:44 PM »
I have trashed a 4 gig and a 2 gig CF card using my Microtrack - apparently it formats the cards using a backup FAT, which appears to be non-standard.  Soo...cards formatted without a backup FAT get trashed when you turn your MT on then off.  I'm not sure if this issue is related to what you're experiencing or not, but the adcvice to reformat frequently is a good one (and always initially format a new card in the MT).

http://www.burnyourbonus.co.uk/rec.audio.tech/thread109.html

Good luck to us all!

Mike

Boston, MA
AKG 461's / 463's OR Senn MKH 8040's > MR1000 (Busman mod) or Shure FP24 (aka MixPre) > MR1 (open)
Coresounds Binaurals > CChurch 9100 > MR1 OR AKG CK1x/2x/3x > Deneke P20 > MR1 (low profile)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com