Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ps-2 battery life with neumann km184  (Read 2528 times)

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
ps-2 battery life with neumann km184
« on: July 13, 2008, 06:32:39 PM »
Did a test last night with the PS-2 hooked up to a pair of km184s and using a standard Duracell 9V, and got about 5 hours (2 hours at a show, and 3 hours at home) of battery life until the red low-power light came on, and then a little more than another 1 hour until the thing died.  Seemed like it was performing fine until just before it died, though, when I tested it periodically.  I plan on trying some Energizer Max 9V next week. 

Offline bhtoque

• Trade Count: (3)
  • So much music, so little time.
Re: ps-2 battery life with neumann km184
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »
Did a test last night with the PS-2 hooked up to a pair of km184s and using a standard Duracell 9V, and got about 5 hours (2 hours at a show, and 3 hours at home) of battery life until the red low-power light came on, and then a little more than another 1 hour until the thing died.  Seemed like it was performing fine until just before it died, though, when I tested it periodically.  I plan on trying some Energizer Max 9V next week. 

Don't bother with high end batteries in a ps-2. It holds enough current to swap out batteries with no signal loss. You could take out the old 9v, drop the new one, fumble around for it on the floor, then put it in and still have no worries.

I used to use mine to drain out 9v packs from other gear at festi's to conserve power.

JAson
MG 200/210/270
AKG c422>s42>Hydra silver interconnects
AKG 391/92/93>MK 90/3 actives
>AM Hyper-Conductors
Studio Projects LSD2>MiAGi II
>Edirol R-4 (Oade T Mod)

db.etree.org/bhtoque

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 09:57:03 PM »
Don't bother with high end batteries in a ps-2. It holds enough current to swap out batteries with no signal loss. You could take out the old 9v, drop the new one, fumble around for it on the floor, then put it in and still have no worries.

Thanks for that useful bit of info.  How cool that you can hot swap the battery and still keep on rolling.  Nice.  8)
+T

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 10:17:16 PM »
bhtoque, +t for what you pointed out--I've used PS-2s for years, and never thought to try hot-swapping a battery. Now I'll have to try it some time.

--best regards
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com