Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Software problems...  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Tall Adam

• The Artist Formerly Known as GQJSP
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Software problems...
« on: October 30, 2004, 07:34:00 PM »
So both last weekend and this weekend at shows I managed to lose about an hour of music. I'm recording  UA5 > Audacity at 24/96 on an IBM T41 (WinXP, 1.7 gig). Both weekends i came to the end of first set, pressed stop in audacity, clicked export as wav. then noticed i only had about 15 minutes of audio. The first set last weekend was just over an hour long (thus i lost 45 minutes of tape) and this weekend was probably about an hour and 20 min, (thus just about an hour lost). i dont think this is an issue with the 2 gig limit thing because, A) i dont think audacity on an NTFS system has this and B) 45 minutes is under the 2 gig limit. Does anyone have any possible explainations for this and how to fix it. Second set last weekend after the fuck up clocked in at just under an hour and 40 minutes and i got that all no problem but my lappy has now shat the bed on shows i wanted twice. My only two possibilities for causes I can think of are 1) a good enough bump to the laptop from an annoying passerby that i didnt notice made the HD skip and caused it to restart recording 2) audacity has this weird habit of instead of showing you the wavform its writing after a little while it begins to show you previously written waves while the recording bar just scrolls over them. I'm not really sure when this occurs because I always close the lid once im sure my levels are good but i think its around the 15 minute mark. BUT it doesnt always do this (as in the 99 minute second set last weekend when it kept scrolling the whole  time!). anyway... can anyone help?

another issue: does cubase SE have a resample/dither option or only conversion of sample rates that results in a speed up of the entire wave when switching from 24/96 to 16/44.1?

thanks
adam

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com