Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Rt-angle V3 power cable?  (Read 21506 times)

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:Rt-angle V3 power cable?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2003, 04:08:23 PM »
Yes I did think about the fact that it could rest on the connect and agree that it would probably work 80% of the time. Its making it 100% reliable that is key.
SC

Offline EScott

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2003, 04:23:16 PM »
100% of the time with tape in place.  I also just e-mailed Ed @ Kindcables to see if he might work on a right angle, locking solution for us.  I will post when I hear back from him.

Eric (With a C)
"You know the type loud as a motor bike
But wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight"

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2003, 04:27:58 PM »
Okay, that's what I though, Eric.  If only I had better mental diligence, I wouldn't have had to hack my connector!  lol  I'll still post pics though in case anyone's interested...
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2003, 05:40:32 PM »
Why not eliminate one of the AES connectors and replace it w/ an xlr 4 pin power connector?  Maybe Grace can do this as a mod?

I wish it had an XLR power cable like the V2, and your idea is certainly an option, but probably more hassle/$$$ than it's worth when it's pretty easy to hack the locking connector or rig a non-locking connector.  I may send mine off for the optical ouput mod if they start offering it, though.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

rabhan

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2003, 09:42:49 PM »
mine is there now bc the 'ansr' light wont come on, aaaaaargghh!

"i cant get the damn answer!" i kept yelling at garage-a-trois tues night, hehe

rabhan

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2003, 09:22:18 PM »
i spoke to Jamie about that. he said that the AES would not be mod'd for an XLR power in bc they want that for high-bit output and also, they considered XLR power bc that is how the V2 is and they didnt have room. they also said that when the future mods come out, they have to put them somewhere, and it has to do with the inside of the box, the cards n stuff, as much, if not more, than the outside locations. he said that a right angle connector for the current DC power port isnt really a current concern for them. fwiw. and i am paraphasing from our earlier conversation

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2003, 10:00:34 AM »
it doesn't surprise me that they don't care about the right angle deal.  besides i think most of us bought the eco-charge connector, so maybe we can talk to those guys about making one.  i'm not sure if y'all's experience with eco-charge has been the same but everytime i call eco-charge, i get a lot of attitude from the guy.  when i got my v3 i was thinking about getting the 12v version since i have a d10 and it might've made sense to have two 12v devices for powering options.  he said, "what the hell do you want a 12v v3 for?"  thanks, helpful.  in the end, i decided on the 6v version, but i bought it from masterpiece and not them.  plus, i've actually gotten better prices on eco-charge stuff from other dealers than the price they quote me.  

-damon

rabhan

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2003, 06:22:26 PM »
masterpiece is the shit! they are so nice and have such great service!

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2003, 12:52:44 PM »
I never tried Ed at KK because according to the people at Ecocharge (who I'm becoming more and more convinced are total dickwads), there is no other connector that may be reliably used other than the switchcraft model due to the port's construction.  the guy was a total ass about it on the phone.  anyways, i'm not sure what i'm gonna do, i have hacked up my old cable yet and i've stopped using right angle xlr's so that not all of the weight of the box and strain ends up on the power connector alone.

-damon

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2003, 01:14:12 PM »
nice work, Mike, +t for your efforts.
-damon

Offline EScott

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2003, 01:25:46 PM »
I never heard back from Kind Kables - Ed is usually pretty good about returning calls or e-mails unless he is out at shows.  Maybe someone can try Pro Dig and see if he could make a custome one?  He made custom battery cables for my V2 and AD2K a couple of years ago.

Eric
"You know the type loud as a motor bike
But wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight"

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2003, 02:37:02 PM »
I would be very interested in something like this. Thanks for stepping up, Mike!

Now to this quote.....

it doesn't surprise me that they don't care about the right angle deal. I'm not sure if y'all's experience with eco-charge has been the same but everytime i call eco-charge, i get a lot of attitude from the guy.

Sorry to bring this back up (I just read it), but I feel the same way you do. That guy at eco charge is a total DICK! I had a conversation with him a while back and it came to the point where we were literally talking shit to each other. His got major attitude issues! I felt like reaching through the phone and punching him in the face! Sorry yall, but I had to vent. I've been holding that on in for a while now.

Kevin :angry2:

rabhan

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2003, 06:46:22 PM »
i'd be interested for sure, as long as it didnt interfere with the spdif out or the WC (toslink mod) out

rabhan

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2003, 06:22:43 PM »
as soon as you get one, post a pic of it and a review!

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2003, 07:00:13 PM »
well done, mike, i'll order mine tomorrow.

-damon

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.093 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com