Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: best price on Neumann caps?  (Read 9246 times)

Tim

• Trade Count: (0)
best price on Neumann caps?
« on: March 12, 2003, 02:14:17 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has leads on some good places to pick up Neumann caps? Anybody got any connections?

Looks like the prices in Germany have goen up a bit lately, $625/piece for ak40's and ak43's. I was thinking they were under a grand not too long ago but I could be wrong.

thanks for the help guys!

« Last Edit: March 12, 2003, 02:17:05 AM by Tim »

Offline schoeps t00bes

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:best price on Neumann caps?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2003, 05:19:12 AM »
ahhh....the bug strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!   ;)
dave
Fuck MSG!!!

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2003, 06:50:32 AM »
Neumann went through a price increase as of Jan 31, 2003.  The cheapest place for me has always been Masterpiece A/V which is now part of Dale Pro Audio.  Give Dan or Jamie or Aaron a call at 888-462-7828.

Jonny

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2003, 10:15:35 AM »
I don't know if this applies to Neumann, but the cheapest price on Gefell parts is always through the distributor.  I used to go through GPrime in New York, now I am going to start going through Gotham Audio in Canada.  Try the Canadian distributor for Neumann; the contact information should be available on their website.  The Canadian dollar is even weaker than the U.S. one right now so you may save some more money that way.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline JAH

• Taperssection Member
  • The kids they dance, they shake their bones!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2003, 11:25:33 AM »
don't forget there will be an import tax....there was on my Paradigms.  But you could still save some $$
peace
jah
Taping, it's a team sport!
km140/150>M148>mme or msbm-1
...yes screwdriver impaired
modified akg 461/2/ck8
iH120...and a slew of dat decks ;-(

Tim

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2003, 11:33:01 AM »
Thanks for the help guys. I'm not buying just yet but I'm looking around  8)

I'll look into that Canadian situation and Masterpiece. I've got to aks though, am I the only one who was less than pleased with a transaction involving Masterpiece? I think I am. Oh well it was a few years ago so I'll try them again!

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2003, 12:18:42 PM »
Masterpiece are bar none the nicest guys in the world.  I have no idea how they stay in business, however.  Every time I order from them (and I mean *every* time), my shipment comes in like three different packages all at different dates.  I ordered an optical cable, mic cables, and a T-bar once and it came in three separate shipments over the span of three days.  They charged me one shipping price of $8, while the "true" shipping cost was probably closer to $24.  This is not the only multiple shipment order I have placed with them!

I ordered from them another time and they notified me over six months later that my credit card wasn't charged because their machine was broken for like four days in July and they just noticed it six months later.  WTF?
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline JeffK

• Taperssection Member
  • ...just a little split off center than the most
    • umphreaks!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2003, 01:07:33 PM »
masterpiece has been great with everything I've ordered.  I think it was them you shipped some tapes to me overnight saturday delivery once so that I could have em before I left for a festival too!  great bunch of guys for sure.

Offline Wiggler

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2003, 01:55:21 PM »
I have to stand up for those Oade brothers. When I purchased my Gefells I called GPrime and Oades beat Gprimes price. When the Mini me came out and all those places took money for pre orders and quoted people bogus delivery dates Oades did not do that they waited tell the product was released and then had plenty in stock.  I think they have been a hugh help to the taping community in general with the modifications such as the SBM-1 mods and they build one hell of a pre amp. I can think of no other retailer who has done as much for tapers as the Oades.
It appears to me the other retailers just sell stock products and Oades look a little deeper to see if they can find a way to improve the product.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2003, 01:58:49 PM by Wiggler »

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2003, 01:56:48 PM »
Masterpiece are some of the nicest guys out there. WHile they ended up making it right then did screw me up a few times. No big deal, All worked out fine. But I was one of the earliest customers after they started. I ordered my D8 & R300 from them back in 1998. WIth the intention and agreement I would pick them up from them as I was driving right through thier town on my honeymoon. The morning I was to make the pick up I call to find directions and they were like. " huh, the shipment has not shown up on the UPS yet). I was like it was supposed to be there for pick up. Well all day went by and after driving the entire state on CT wasting time (which is a nice drive by the way). They have it but can't come to their place. So I meet them in the town square of New Milford, CT. Jamey loads 2 boxes into my car, I hand him like $1400 in cash and we depart. It was totaly like a drug deal. I almost felt I did something wrong. I found out a few months later in a conversation with Aaron that they had accidently sold my stuff and scrabled down to NYC to get the stuff. I appreciate their running around to make sure I got my stuff. Just should have told me what was up at first and I would have gone along my way and had them ship it later. Again, good guys willing to anything. But I often also wondered how they stayed in business. But I guess them partnering up  with a few different people in teh last few years has kept them afloat. As has the affiliation with SCI and Disco Biscuits.
If I was looking I'd give them the shot.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

jpschust

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2003, 04:11:21 PM »
The thing with masterpiece, not only do I always get the best prices there, but hands down I always get the best service.  Even if I wasn't getting the best prices there I would continue to purchase from them just because of how they treat me and their customers in general.  Mic retailers are a dime a dozen, but the ones who really take care of you are golden.

Offline danmorgan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2003, 10:03:34 PM »
Chalk another one up for the guys over at Masterpiece for me as well.  I have got to say every transaction I have made with them has gone rather smoothly.  Dan and Jamie have always seemed to go out of their way to answer my questions and general bullshitting over the phone.  Dan never hesitates to call up the manufacturers to ask my questions that he might not be totally sure of.  I think with their addition to the DalePro group, it will only make them even better.

my $.02

Offline Jason Brantley

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2003, 11:55:41 AM »
I know a place that has them for $529.00 ;)

JB

jason@sonicsense.com

jpschust

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2003, 12:24:58 PM »
smoove jason... very smoove ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline hippies

• Taperssection Member
  • "What we all need is a left hand monkey wrench."
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2003, 01:25:22 PM »
 :-X   ;)

Tim

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2003, 03:35:20 PM »
that and SonicSense is about 5 minutes from my door...

Jason is a smooth operator  ;D

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2003, 03:40:01 PM »
Word up. By the way, Jason, I got my mics and everything in just fine. Thanks for all the phone convos.  :D :D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 45 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com