Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wal-Mart battery woes?  (Read 5185 times)

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Wal-Mart battery woes?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 11:53:29 AM »
Dropping a car battery is a common technique to dislodge deposits that may be shorting cells.  I've done it and had it work..

I don't think I'd do anything like that with a battery type that is prone to explode..

Offline tonyvt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Bocephus
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 10:00:27 PM »
My Wal-Mart battery also crapped out.
I'm a Bluegrasshole.

Offline greppson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 09:32:58 AM »
These Li-ion batteries have built-in protection circuits that will essentially shut them down if they have been shorted.  And there is a reset if this happens -- you need to plug them back in to their wall-wart charger.  This should reset them and allow them to act normally. 

I'm not sure if this is the problem you're having, but I'd try this first before giving them a good smack.
'

Great info. I was at a show last night and was double checking my wires before the opener came on. I must have done something weird as the battery would not work at all after I replugged the wires back in after checking a few things. I was so pissed. Luckily, I was still able to run mics > batt box > jb3. But, I was really surprised when I got home last night and plugged in to find it would work fine. Not sure why the ua-5 shorted it out though...
Jason
AKG 480 ck61/63 > nBob actives > Marantz ACM 671/Sound Devices MixPre 6 ii

Archive.org Shows
www.greppson.net

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com