Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

Shopping for USB power packs - anyone used one with a digital display?

(1/2) > >>

morst:
While I'm upgrading, should I get one with a cool readout?

I've used Ravpower, Lenmar, and PowerAdd brands before, but they only had little LEDs showing remaining power...

F.O.Bean:
I have a PNY 10,400mah USB Battery with a digital display, and I don't think its ANY better/worse than my other USB batts with the LEDs showing remaining power ;)

morst:
I bought a digital readout Uni-Yeap 11,000 off amazon. Seems to charge up my iPhone 5 which has a Mophie battery case Two full times, including the mophie. So that's at least half of the rated storage. (iPhone 5 and case each have a 1600 mAh cell)

I have not tried it on the tascam yet. Maybe I should hook that up now and check runtime...
I got this one for $20 in black:
https://www.amazon.com/Uni-Yeap-Portable-11000mAh-Charging-Conversion/dp/B01NB9YQ7M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1484767639&sr=8-3&keywords=uni-yeap

I have used Lenmar, RavPower and PowerAdd before and all worked fine but I wanted to try the digital percent readout.

I will say that the charging cable that came with this got HOT when I used it on a wall charger to charge a droid.

Life In Rewind:
Given the capacity of these batteries will run a 5V deck for longer than most of us EVER record...I'd say a digital readout is probably useless...just keep your battery charged...

I think I go 3 shows or so before even worrying about a charge - and my FREMO/SCUD batteries never get warm when charging.

Hypnocracy:
I bought 3 of these for my Wife and Kids to have as backup to their iPhones...Nice and large capacity for the price (less than $28)...and although you can't see a digital display...the numbers lightup under the cover with the push of a button on the side.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAXOAK-External-Battery-High-Capacity-Power-Bank-13000mAh-Portable-Battery-New-/281782147659?hash=item419b865a4b:g:MCoAAOSw9N1V3Csa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version