Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: The Perfect Stealth Rig ??  (Read 46334 times)

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: The Perfect Stealth Rig ??
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2018, 02:40:40 PM »
If I was Chris Church I'd be modifying some CA14 omnis so they can be worn like these binaural headsets.

I'd be first in line to buy a pair.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline MBHOTAPER

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jam Bands Rock!
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2018, 04:18:41 PM »
I like this rig a lot for metal detector stealth.
IMG_7490 2 by Steve Brothers, on Flickr
pardon my ignorance but when you say metal detector stealth are you saying that the metal detectors don't pick this up or just that the equipment looks innocuous enough that you don't get hassled?
Metal detectors have not been picking up the Baby NBox or mics. Deck goes in the pass through bin.
I have a similar setup but with the naiant ipa. This is my favorite stealth setup: mbho, neuman, schoeps or dpa caps > actives or kcy > ipa or nbox > pcm10.
Provides professional capsule sourcing > actives or kcy cables > ipa or nbox (prefer ipa for 3 gain selections and line in)  > pcm10 (if you can find one).
Also allows to upgrade to a full rig with mic bodies and a preamp or a quality deck.

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2018, 10:24:30 PM »
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/in-ear-headphones-3d-audio-ambeo-smart-headset

Anyone try these? This should be the smallest rig.

I could have used these yesterday at my daughter's final college concert yesterday.  The band and choir went from the auditorium to the foyer that had this really cool echo effect.  I was in between many instruments and the choir was all around and up in the second and third level balcony.  It was awesome!  I have the video of it.
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline Galen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Collective Unconscious.org
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2018, 11:26:00 PM »
I am throwing my 2c into the perfect stealth rig:

DPA 4061 > MPS6030 > Sony PCM-M1. This setup is able to get into anything if you know how to do it. Metal detector, pat-down, wand including cavity search I have never, ever been busted at the door with this. Or anything, at the door.
Sony PCM-M1 
Sony TCD-100
Sony TCD-D8
Nakamichi CM-300
DPA 4061
Wires & Waves
Invested Enigmatic Matriculation

Offline sparko

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2018, 07:23:45 AM »
I'm currently using my OKM II Rock with the Zoom iQ6 Soundman mod (capsules out, 3.5 jack in) on my iPhone. That thingy is a bit bigger than the d:vice, but a lot cheaper and since I'm only doing a handful shows a year, this setup does pretty well.

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • 😈
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2018, 11:22:02 AM »
I haven't received my Oade mod 620 yet but I'm hoping mk41/41v>baby nbox>620 will be my ultimate rig. The mic pre in the m10 is Just ok imo ( what'd I expect out of the on board pre of a stock $250 recorder really?)and has a bit of trouble with loud rock. Not distortion but sort of a breakdown. Personally the nbox is too big for me to comfortably 😈 with. The last couple of years are the first I haven't run an Oade deck, pre or AD. Looking forward to it.
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline edtyre

• Trade Count: (85)
  • Team Philly " No Excuses, Just Tapes"
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2018, 11:50:49 AM »
Metal detectors have not been picking up the Baby NBox or mics. Deck goes in the pass through bin.

YMMV but i don't thing this is true anymore after a few recent trips to Wells Fargo Center
music>mics>pre>recorder

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2018, 12:12:21 PM »

YMMV but i don't thing this is true anymore after a few recent trips to Wells Fargo Center

It depends on the settings on the metal detectors.  At the Greek Theater in Berkeley my little belt buckle set it off.  This is not the buckle used to give a false positive, but my regular belt. Gear didn't pass through metal detector so I know it wasn't the gear.

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2018, 10:44:47 PM »

It depends on the settings on the metal detectors.  At the Greek Theater in Berkeley my little belt buckle set it off.  This is not the buckle used to give a false positive, but my regular belt. Gear didn't pass through metal detector so I know it wasn't the gear.

Of all places the Spokane Arena has hot detectors.  The above rig was a no go twice.  Usual storage of gear.
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline fobstl

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2018, 01:55:38 PM »

[/quote]

Good to know edtyre, thanks for the heads up!

Offline dointhatrag

• Taperssection Regular
    • my band
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2018, 10:07:39 AM »
In my area nothing gets thru metal detectors . For me its better to declare it. I have been testing coresound HEB into a LGv20 cell phone. If I roll up the mics tight I can hide in my keys. The battery box I can say is a extra battery for my phone .
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 10:12:57 AM by dointhatrag »
Schoeps + Neumann + DPA - Sonosax PR - Apogee Mini Me - 24/96

Offline dointhatrag

• Taperssection Regular
    • my band
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2018, 10:10:45 AM »
I haven't received my Oade mod 620 yet but I'm hoping mk41/41v>baby nbox>620 will be my ultimate rig. The mic pre in the m10 is Just ok imo ( what'd I expect out of the on board pre of a stock $250 recorder really?)and has a bit of trouble with loud rock. Not distortion but sort of a breakdown. Personally the nbox is too big for me to comfortably 😈 with. The last couple of years are the first I haven't run an Oade deck, pre or AD. Looking forward to it.

you are gonna love it. I use mine like this  mc930's - denecke ps 2 - pmd620  (line in)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 06:24:57 PM by dointhatrag »
Schoeps + Neumann + DPA - Sonosax PR - Apogee Mini Me - 24/96

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • 😈
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2018, 11:24:03 AM »

you are gonna love it. I use mine like this  mc930's - denecke ps 2 - pdm620  (line in)

You're right, I do. 👍
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline zeus163

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2018, 09:31:32 PM »
You don't worry that they will say anything about the M10 in the pass through bin? I've gotten my gear through so far, but I've kept all of it on me.

[/quote]
[/quote]
Kangol wearing fool...

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2018, 10:19:51 PM »
Good stealth mics should never be a problem to get around/through metal detectors

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.103 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com