Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 722 with external battery (eco-charge EC-90)  (Read 1946 times)

Offline cmquinn

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
722 with external battery (eco-charge EC-90)
« on: May 27, 2008, 02:36:50 PM »
Bought a used EC-90 recently, used it for the first time this last weekend. Since I am expecting hours of use I turned the 722 on about one hour before the band started. During first set I looked at the battery meter on the 722 and it showed 11.5 V and then dropped to 11.4 V. Band played for over one hour, I then hit the stop button and left the power on. Started recording for the second set and saw the voltmeter said 11.7V. Either I have discovered a new way to create power (or my electronics engineering degree is invalid).  I don't understand how the voltage could increase.

If you use an EC-90 what voltage does your battery start out at?

Person I bought battery from said battery is about 1 year old, should I replace it to be able to run an all day festival?

Chuck

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 722 with external battery (eco-charge EC-90)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 11:11:06 PM »
Battery levels will sometimes bounce back up when not under a draw.  That is probably what happened here.  Same with your car.  If you crank the abttery down trying to start your car you can let it rest five or ten minutes and it will regain enough charge to try some more.  I do not know the physics of this but have had it happen to me.

SD says a 722 generally draws an amp per hour.  Check the company website for all the figures.  The company websites are a treasure trove on information on their prroducts.
Nov schmoz kapop.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com