Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New OM System LS-P5  (Read 11137 times)

Offline vwmule

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: New OM System LS-P5
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2022, 12:50:12 AM »
> One thing that is useful for future readers would be if these mini reviews were accompanied with information about firmware version and app version.

The value of these threads -- and this site, vs. more visually pleasing and spontaneous Facebook hobby groups -- is that's what you get, a rolling yet static assessment of a piece of gear, with early advance and field tests of firmware.

That is why across TS the reliance on an established thread is best. Always check before starting a new one, especially in the open/stealth realm, where duplication creates confusion and inaccuracy.

Offline Sebastian

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2022, 05:05:25 AM »
I took the LS-P5 out to its first show last night and had even more problems with the Bluetooth connectivity than I had had at home. Sometimes it took over 10 seconds for the app to become responsive. I ended up pulling the recorder out of my pocket to check and set levels. The recording sounds good, though.

Also, I have contacted OM technical support. They did not seem to understand the problem and assured me that recording still continues on the device even when the recorder displays "Disconnected". I never questioned that. I followed up with a more detailed bug report, including screenshots. Let's see what they're saying. If they can't fix this, I will return the recorder.

Offline Sebastian

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2022, 10:13:57 AM »
I just got another demoralizing e-mail from OM support in which they refuse to recognize a problem. That is really too bad because this recorder has a lot of potential. However, I cannot use it with their current Bluetooth implementation. And I have zero confidence in their customer support. So I'm going to return mine and order a Sony A10 as a backup from B&H in the U.S. instead, even if this means paying 100 EUR more and not having replaceable batteries.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 10:28:08 AM by Sebastian »

Offline thebigredone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2022, 09:38:38 AM »
Took the LS-P5 to its first gig on Saturday. Recording came out great, but the BT connectivity, horrendous. After connecting the first time so I could kick the recording off, it never connected again 'til after the show when I was in a cab home. This was the same on two different phones (Samsung S20 & S21). Fortunately, I'd set the level fairly low ( 8 ), just in case I had this issue as mentioned further up this thread.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 02:22:19 AM by thebigredone »

Offline thebigredone

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2023, 03:50:21 AM »
Took the LS-P5 to its second gig last night. This time I used an iPhone 6S for the BT connection instead of my Samsung. As much as I hate iPhones, I have to say, it worked very well. 5-6 seconds to connect (not perfect, I know, but so much better than with the S20 & 21). So, my personal recommendation is to use an iPhone for this particular purpose if you can.

Offline Teppka

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2023, 04:06:29 PM »
Could someone suggest if tripod thread is steel or plastic?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com