Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Any Aerco MP-2 vs. Apogee Mini-MP comps available??  (Read 2682 times)

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • made with natural flavor
Any Aerco MP-2 vs. Apogee Mini-MP comps available??
« on: July 25, 2010, 11:49:02 AM »
Wonderin if anyone has run these two boxes side by side with same or similar set-ups? 
Anyone have any experience with BOTH boxes?
Thanks.
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Any Aerco MP-2 vs. Apogee Mini-MP comps available??
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 11:54:26 AM »
Guy, I've owned and run both, but with different rigs and not side-by-side.  They probably have a basic similarity about them in terms of overall tonality (on the warm to bright scale), but I'm thinking the MMP has more bite or more of an edge to it...Apogee MMP and MME owners would call that the distinctive Apogee sound...crunchy would be another adjective I'd use.  The MP-2 is smooth.  They're both fairly 'warm' sounding preamps. 

The MMP is like a Fender strat with single coil pickups and the MP-2 is like the ES-type Gibsons (although perhaps not as mellow as a BBKing Lucille)...or perhaps an un-overdriven Les Paul standard.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:57:24 AM by tonedeaf »

Offline Nak700

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 02:16:22 AM »
Guy, I've owned and run both, but with different rigs and not side-by-side.  They probably have a basic similarity about them in terms of overall tonality (on the warm to bright scale), but I'm thinking the MMP has more bite or more of an edge to it...Apogee MMP and MME owners would call that the distinctive Apogee sound...crunchy would be another adjective I'd use.  The MP-2 is smooth.  They're both fairly 'warm' sounding preamps. 

The MMP is like a Fender strat with single coil pickups and the MP-2 is like the ES-type Gibsons (although perhaps not as mellow as a BBKing Lucille)...or perhaps an un-overdriven Les Paul standard.

So what's the preamp equivalent of a Les Paul with P-90s (Which is really the only way to make a Les Paul sound cool) or a Fat Harmony with P-13s, Steve?

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 09:27:48 AM »

So what's the preamp equivalent of a Les Paul with P-90s (Which is really the only way to make a Les Paul sound cool) or a Fat Harmony with P-13s, Steve?

;D ;D  Hmmmm...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com