Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best Mic Pre to go with M-Audio 1010LT?  (Read 1888 times)

Offline ThatGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Best Mic Pre to go with M-Audio 1010LT?
« on: November 08, 2004, 10:28:25 AM »
Hi, I'm soon to be getting an M-Audio 1010LT input card, and I'm looking for suggestions for an affordable, good-quality mic pre box, preferably about eight channels.
At the moment I'm considering either an SM Pro Audio PR8 Mk II - cheap but I've heard they can be a bit noisy.
or a Behringer Ultragain PRO-8 ( http://www.behringer.com/ADA8000_/index.cfm?lang=ENG ) - I understand this is designed mainly for digital output, but am I right that it would serve just as well as an analogue pre for the RCA ins on the 1010LT?

If anyone has any better suggestions for 6-8 channel mic pre's, or even a cheap 6-8 channel mixer with phantom power, they would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

Offline ThatGuy

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Best Mic Pre to go with M-Audio 1010LT?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 09:19:53 AM »
Anyone?

Offline ThatGuy

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 02:42:52 AM »
If anyone's even reading this... can they offer any advice on the respective quality of an Art Tube MP, vs. a Behringer MIC200 Tube Ultragain, vs. an M-Audio/Midiman Audio Buddy? Would I be better off getting a couple of smaller pres like these ones, or just going with an 8-input rack like the ones I've mentioned? Thanks/

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 11:10:27 AM »
most folks on this board are 2-channel field recordists, so asking about a studio 8 channel preamp isn't going to get you too many responses.  For an 8-channel mic pre, I have had good results with some of the presonus stuff.  It's extremely afforable too.  Or a focusrite octopre is also a nice, well-priced box.   

And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com