Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO: 9v battery  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA collection
ISO: 9v battery
« on: August 22, 2014, 09:48:04 AM »
Hey All-

It seems the huge selection of universal "DVD" batteries has dried up.  I guess it was a niche product.  It's been a while since i have looked and I'm not up to speed on current options for 9v power.  The tekkeon is a bit expensive and some of the battery geek options are as well.   Are there no more affordable options?  Any suggestions or links would be appreciated.  I did find a DVD style battery on Battery Geek's website for $50, but it was a lower mAH then what I used to get.  I do have one DVD battery left, I may pursue the gentleman on this site that refurbs them and pack it with as much juice as I can to run both my tube PS and V2.

Any ideas guys?

Jesse
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
Re: ISO: 9v battery
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:01:32 AM »
Unfortunately, the days of the $10-15 DVD batteries are long gone.  If you can even find them they're now at least 4-5 times that price. 

Several months ago a whole slew of NOS Tekkeon 3300 batteries (older version of the 3450 with fewer voltage options, and no USB output so you can only run a single device off it at a time) popped up on eBay and there are still some left. > http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xtekkeon+mp3300&_nkw=tekkeon+mp3300&_sacat=0
The best deals appear to be on the "lots" of batteries.  While a few tapers here had problems with them holding a charge or being DOA, they have been able to return them for replacements or refunds provided it was within the window for returns (usually 14 days).  The two I bought from vendor  "cdma-supplier" gsmsupplier (sorry) have been working just fine with moderate use on my R-44 and DR-60D. 

The Naztech batteries also get a lot of love here on TS but I haven't used any of the bigger ones they offer.

Edit: for vendor
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:42:33 AM by Fried Chicken Boy »

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
    • My LMA collection
Re: ISO: 9v battery
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 02:38:39 PM »
We'll see.. I just ordered a lot of 4 for $34. If I get one that works it will be a great deal; If more than one works it will be a steal!

I used to use the 3450 and loved it.  I don't need the USB anymore, so this looks like a perfect option. 

Thanks so much!  ;D
FREE JERRYFREAK!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com