Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DA-P1 remote powering option for Europe?  (Read 2612 times)

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
Tascam DA-P1 remote powering option for Europe?
« on: February 15, 2010, 07:47:14 PM »
I just purchased a Tascam DA-P1 to do DAT transfers while I am overseas.  I am wondering the best way to power this for a European power standard (220 volts, 50 hz).  I was thinking of using lithium-ion rechargeable batteries but I don't know what kind to use with a DA-P1 and I would need one that can be used with a 220v/50hz charger.

If anybody knows where I can get a proper battery and charger system for this situation, that would be fantastic.

Edit: I found this on Amazon.fr.  Would it work?

http://www.amazon.fr/Batterie-Externe-5400maH-UNIVERSEL-MULTIMARQUES/dp/tech-data/B001BE5A7W/ref=de_a_smtd
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 10:11:59 PM by jlykos »
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
Re: Tascam DA-P1 remote powering option for Europe?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 11:10:18 PM »
DA-P1 runs at 7.2V at about 600mA with Phantom off.  It will run off batteries in the 6.5V-8.2V range or so. 

In the past most people ran the 6V Ecocharge or OADE SLA solutions, but I would think you could get a good high capacity 7.2 V RC car battery setup.
i.e.
http://www.batteryspace.com/hi-powerpolymerli-ionpack74v8ah40adischargerate592whwopcbfordiyrccar.aspx

Do you have the AC/DC adapter?  Do you have the external power connector?  Are you trying to power in the field, at home, or both?

The internal batteries are pretty poor and are propietary so I would not advise using these.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:20:17 PM by H2O »
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 11:54:44 PM »
Depending on where you go, I would get one of those international wall adapters and run the AC>DC wallwart to run the unit (at home).  I would also inquire with Tascam about getting a Euro Wall Wart.  I have to believe they have one in a warehouse somewhere, or they may tell you the specs you need to buy one off of Ebay, etc.

In the field, I would find the French equivalent of Radio Shack or Batteries Plus and ask them about rechargables, etc.  They should be able to supply you with a DC supply that will run the unit, that can be charged at home, and is portable.  Think "RC Car batteries", a good hobby shop may fit the bill.

I thought I read you will be in Mali???  Good luck!!!  I'd love to go tape the Festival in the Desert, I'm into Khaira D'Arby and Tinariwen right now...  Make sure you bring plenty of sand-protection.  The BBC special I saw about it mentioned how the sand got everywhere including inside their TV equipment...  http://www.festival-au-desert.org/

Bring back good stories and good tapes!

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 03:55:17 PM »
I think that this device may work.  It is the Tekkeon MP3450, comes with nine adapter tips, and the company sells others.  From the look of it, it can also be powered from foreign voltages without the need for a transformer.  Does anybody have any experience with it with a DA-P1 or something like that?

http://www.amazon.com/Tekkeon-MP3450-myPower-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/tech-data/B000S9JWJI/ref=de_a_smtd

Yes, I am going to Mali but due to the deteriorating security situation, am not allowed to go to the Festival in the Desert.  They are actually doing another festival this year in Segou, which is much safer than the north.  I still wish that I could go; it looks like a lot of fun.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com