Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Final Cut Pro - The most difficult program to multi-cam edit...  (Read 12904 times)

Offline firmdragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
Re: Final Cut Pro - The most difficult program to multi-cam edit...
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 03:49:37 AM »
pretty much.  since you already have everything in sync you might as well have it at the beginning of the timeline for each individual angle.  you get to put another in point for the multiclip timeline

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 08:31:54 AM »
So after a few hours of marking, I finally got all 8 cams synced and lined up! How do I go about using the "make multiclip" function out of the synced cameras? The other way how I use the razor blade tool and cut out everything is a bit tedious. I would rather just go through it one time live and just make cuts like that.

go back and check out my first post
you want to click the "N" shaped icon which you can see in your 2nd attahcment
that will set a bunch of black lines where you can use the bottom arrow icon from the far right (where the razor bade is too) and move the line up and down to have only what you want visible
when you click the line it will put a dot, click it agian somehwere else and a 2nd dot, drage one of the dots up down sideways whatever
the video that is on top (in your case would be "V8" if you used all 8 angles) will always be seen unless the black line is down all the way, then you will seethe next highest angle/line
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Depechemode1993

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 01:04:52 PM »
So after a few hours of marking, I finally got all 8 cams synced and lined up! How do I go about using the "make multiclip" function out of the synced cameras? The other way how I use the razor blade tool and cut out everything is a bit tedious. I would rather just go through it one time live and just make cuts like that.

*picture*
go back and check out my first post
you want to click the "N" shaped icon which you can see in your 2nd attahcment
that will set a bunch of black lines where you can use the bottom arrow icon from the far right (where the razor bade is too) and move the line up and down to have only what you want visible
when you click the line it will put a dot, click it agian somehwere else and a 2nd dot, drage one of the dots up down sideways whatever
the video that is on top (in your case would be "V8" if you used all 8 angles) will always be seen unless the black line is down all the way, then you will seethe next highest angle/line

Do I need to do that if I am using the multi-clip feature?

I just synced all of the footage with an in-point and made the multi-clip. I dragged the mutli-clip into the timeline and now I am in some trouble again....

I put the video to "open" as I want to just do a live edit of the 8 cameras. But when I press play on the timeline sequence window, the viewer to the left plays nothing. Its only when I stop that I see everything at once. Can my computer not handle the 8 videos going at once? I am (at the moment) playing back all of the videos 100% quality, should I reduce that so maybe all of them play? Or am I missing a step here?

Offline willndmb

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 01:46:30 PM »
i might not be understanding the issue
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)

Depechemode1993

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 02:38:01 PM »

basically what I am trying to do is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vvIwOGO8ZQ (Go to 3:17)

Nothing plays on the left hand side of the screen. So I started messing with the settings down on the timeline (the RT tab up on the top left) and I clicked the multiclip tab. The cameras started to run just like the video above. But then I get this error:

I am guessing because its in 1080i that its way too much for my macbook pro to handle. So what should I do? Should I render these 8 cameras to standard definitions and edit them that way. Then is there someway to take all of the camera angles that I have edited from the standard def. version and put them into the HD version?

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 05:30:49 PM »
You will need serious cpu power to play 8 hd streams.I dont think any current computer can play 8 full hd streams.

Depechemode1993

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 05:35:47 PM »
You will need serious cpu power to play 8 hd streams.I dont think any current computer can play 8 full hd streams.

ok, so what do I do?

Offline beatkilla

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2010, 06:10:59 PM »
Well what i do with multicam hd projects in vegas is make ntsc dv widescreen avis of each hd file and edit the sd version.than after im all done with the sd version in vegas in the project media window if you right click on your media there is an option to replace .thats when i replace all the sd clips with the hd versions.switch the project properties to proper hd template and render to avchd for bluray.the trick is that the sd and hd clips have to be exactly the same length and exactly same start and end point.so either make all new hd files that have no splits and than make sd  clips same way or trickier and take each segment of your hd files that are segmented and make all segmented sd clips and replace each one assuming you can replace in final cut.are you going to bluray?if so what will you render to?i use avchd at 16mbps and have found it much higher quality than mpeg2 at 25mbps cbr.

Depechemode1993

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 11:13:21 PM »
Well what i do with multicam hd projects in vegas is make ntsc dv widescreen avis of each hd file and edit the sd version.than after im all done with the sd version in vegas in the project media window if you right click on your media there is an option to replace .thats when i replace all the sd clips with the hd versions.switch the project properties to proper hd template and render to avchd for bluray.the trick is that the sd and hd clips have to be exactly the same length and exactly same start and end point.so either make all new hd files that have no splits and than make sd  clips same way or trickier and take each segment of your hd files that are segmented and make all segmented sd clips and replace each one assuming you can replace in final cut.are you going to bluray?if so what will you render to?i use avchd at 16mbps and have found it much higher quality than mpeg2 at 25mbps cbr.

I am guessing you can do that in FCP. What should I export the footage at for you FCP users? I did it to one of the clips and I used Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) Anamorphic. Its still rather large (44 GB) which is only a few GB less than the HD version. Should I have used something else?

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 11:27:58 PM »
how smoothly does it run if you unclick the warn me next time part?

Depechemode1993

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 11:40:54 PM »
how smoothly does it run if you unclick the warn me next time part?

it runs pretty good for about 15 seconds then it starts to drop again.

I am guessing because the footage is on an external HD? I don't have enough room on my MB Pro to store almost 300 GB of footage.

Offline willndmb

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2010, 06:24:57 PM »

basically what I am trying to do is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vvIwOGO8ZQ (Go to 3:17)
ahh gottcha

Depechemode1993

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 03:01:14 AM »
Does anyone know what I should export the footage to for SD?

Offline beatkilla

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2010, 07:06:08 AM »
What are the choices?Should be 720 x 480 16:9 widescreen ntsc dv avi type 1.I think in final cut it is .mov

Offline willndmb

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2010, 09:33:38 AM »
What are the choices?Should be 720 x 480 16:9 widescreen ntsc dv avi type 1.I think in final cut it is .mov
that depends if you use quicktime or compressor
compressor its .m2v

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com