Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Final Cut Pro - The most difficult program to multi-cam edit...  (Read 13013 times)

Offline hummat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Videos in Progress or Completed
Re: Final Cut Pro - The most difficult program to multi-cam edit...
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2010, 11:21:57 AM »
avi and mpeg2 are not going to be your best options for writing a temp/working file.  stick to quicktime format (mov) and FCP will play nicer.

Depechemode1993

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 12:17:37 PM »
avi and mpeg2 are not going to be your best options for writing a temp/working file.  stick to quicktime format (mov) and FCP will play nicer.

ok, I can export to mov files, but there are so many choices when you use the "export" button on FCP. I don't know which one is better?

Ryan

Offline newvideo

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2010, 01:36:33 AM »
I haven't seen anyone mention it here, but one of the most productive tools in the FCP aftermarket is PluralEyes by Singular Software.

It works INSIDE FCP as a multi-cam video syncing program that works by analyzing the AUDIO tracks of multiple camera takes and aligning the various camera angles by using the sound waveforms. This means that it DOES NOT require timecode of any kind - and it also successfully syncs multiple cameras where they have been started and stopped randomly.

All you need to do is properly set up the ANGLE information in the FCP timeline database to properly identify your multiple cameras and then invoke Plural Eyes and take a break. When you come back, the various takes and tracks should all be in sync and your multi-cam timeline built.

It's almost magic.

Remember, FCP would not have nearly 2 million paid seats out there if it was actually hard to use or counter-intuitive.  Yes, it's often hard to re-train yourself - particularly if you've already trained your brain to think in ways that another NLE does things. But the entire television, movie and indy film communities couldn't ALL be duped into thinking FCP is a great tool - if it wasn't.

Hope this helps.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2010, 07:12:20 PM »
i tried PE a few times and it never worked
i was in emails back and forth with the tech team and they couldn't get it to work either
came to the conclusion 1 of 2 things the time delay of the aud mics vs sbd and/or the overall internal clocks
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com