Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Movie Clip Length Limitations  (Read 3038 times)

Offline MyNameIsCrstn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Movie Clip Length Limitations
« on: April 25, 2011, 12:11:24 AM »
I have found myself disappointed in many digital cameras simply because of clip recording limits. Most cameras I have encountered have no more than 20 minute clip restrictions.

Can anyone recommend a good digital cam with no clip restrictions at all, or very large clip restrictions (60+ minutes)?

Offline fguidry

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Kaleponi - Slack Key in California
Re: Movie Clip Length Limitations
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 05:26:09 AM »
I have found myself disappointed in many digital cameras simply because of clip recording limits. Most cameras I have encountered have no more than 20 minute clip restrictions.

Can anyone recommend a good digital cam with no clip restrictions at all, or very large clip restrictions (60+ minutes)?

The Panasonic PAL versions apparently are restricted to 60 minutes due to tariff issues. Otherwise the Panasonic line will shoot until the card fills or the battery dies, and with the right gadgets that can be along time.

Fran

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 10:37:11 PM »

The Panasonic PAL versions apparently are restricted to 60 minutes due to tariff issues. Otherwise the Panasonic line will shoot until the card fills or the battery dies, and with the right gadgets that can be along time.

Fran

I knew of the limitations but I never knew the reasoning...now I'll never know the logic.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline Ziggz

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 11:12:04 PM »
I think without the limit they are classified as a camcorder which incurs higher tariffs/taxes in parts of Europe.

The PAL OZ/NZ models shoot till card full/battery dies. You'd probably have to import if you're located in Europe, but you'd probably get screwed by tax/import duty anyway.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.118 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com