Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Reviewing your Recording on MP3 and publishing them on FLAC  (Read 1970 times)

Offline Denes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Mr. Charlie told me so
Right now, my SONY NWZ-E354 portable MP3 Player does not work with FLAC's.  I convert them to VBR grade 0 (best) MP3 and play the show on my portable before posting the FLAC.  I could probably run the laptop in the car to play FLAC's, however that is kind of annyoing.

Finding time to review my shows in a moderate amount of time is difficult. 

My question is, When converting FLAC to mp3 could I be missing some problems I might not hear otherwise?
The side stage is my rigs main stage.

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Reviewing your Recording on MP3 and publishing them on FLAC
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 12:20:06 AM »
Right now, my SONY NWZ-E354 portable MP3 Player does not work with FLAC's.  I convert them to VBR grade 0 (best) MP3 and play the show on my portable before posting the FLAC.  I could probably run the laptop in the car to play FLAC's, however that is kind of annyoing.

Finding time to review my shows in a moderate amount of time is difficult. 

My question is, When converting FLAC to mp3 could I be missing some problems I might not hear otherwise?

well, I understand the purpose and I've done it myself, but I don't review recordings in just mp3. I'll listen to the final lossless mixdown on my best setup, and I'll listen to a V0 copy on crap PC speakers, in the car, and maybe somewhere else to see if there is anything that pops out at me. Nothing walks out the door though until I've heard it on my best setup in lossless format (and I actually do the majority of my review with said setup).
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com