Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam HD-P2 loses date & time after each turn on  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Windwman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Tascam HD-P2 loses date & time after each turn on
« on: June 11, 2014, 07:43:45 PM »
I'm new here, but with a good basic understanding of audio & recording. Recently purchased a used P2, and I haven't done a complete test, but it seems to work OK...except for this annoying trait of losing the date & time every time I shut it off & back on. I discovered there's an internal "button" battery (CR2032) and thought it might be the culprit, but no: it measured 3.3v, I replaced it anyway with no change to the problem.
Has anyone else had this problem, and/or know how to fix it?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:52:21 PM by Windwman »

Offline JackoRoses

• Needs to get out more...
  • lost cause
Re: Tascam HD-P2 loses date & time after each turn on
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 09:12:52 AM »
No I haven't experienced that issue. Just wondering if you have tried to reflash it yet?
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline Windwman

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 01:57:46 PM »
Not sure what you mean by reflash, unless you're talking about updating the firmware. It's at 1.05 now, & I have the 1.09 file on my PC. I just have to wait for my recently purchased CF card reader to arrive so I can transfer the file!

Offline JackoRoses

• Needs to get out more...
  • lost cause
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 06:34:09 PM »
yes reflash the firmware. If that doesn't solve the date/time issue you probably need to contact tascam and see what they say.
Unless there is a feature that resets the time but I don't recall that and not sure why it would even be a feature..
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline Windwman

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 09:02:26 AM »
thanks for the help Jacko,
I will update the firmware as soon as my stuff arrives & post the results here. I did contact Tascam, & their 1st suggestion was to change the button battery. I replied that was already done, and we'll see if they have any further suggestions.

Offline Windwman

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 04:44:50 PM »
Got an answer from Tascam:

"We are not repair technicians but it must be something in the battery circuit if it's not the battery itself. if you have decided to tackle this yourself, we would suggest contacting the Parts Department for the price and availability of a service manual (Parts@teac.com)."

Fair enough. I will get to that firmware update real soon...

Offline Windwman

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 02:40:47 PM »
Updated the firmware to the latest version (1.10). Makes NO difference, still loses date & time. To make matters worse, it won't format an 8 gig card to any size larger than 413 MEGAbytes. Regretting getting this now...it's basically useless.

Offline Windwman

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 08:14:09 PM »
My fault about the cf card. Turns out it needed a partition removed & resized. Now it sees the full 8 gig. So I am stuck with this annoying, but livable situation of having to set the time b4 each important recording. It will still work otherwise, but files will have 1999 as the year.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com