Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What to do with CDs  (Read 8997 times)

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
Re: What to do with CDs
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 10:38:40 PM »
I was actually hoping to find my photo of the Calder-esque mobile that a friend of mine made out of AOL install CDs circa 1999, but this was the closest I could get.

Offline jefflester

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 10:41:36 PM »
DPA4061 HEB -> R-09 / AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII
Line Audio CM4/Superlux S502/Samson C02/iSK Little Gem/Sennheiser E609/Shure SM57 -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII (multitracked band recordings)

Offline monkfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 09:29:46 AM »
I was actually hoping to find my photo of the Calder-esque mobile that a friend of mine made out of AOL install CDs circa 1999, but this was the closest I could get.

Not sure how I stumbled across it but the other day on eBay I saw someone had individually listed numerous AOL install CDs from throughout the years. No I did not check Sold Listings to see if anyone ever has actually bought one.

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 10:04:28 AM »

Not sure how I stumbled across it but the other day on eBay I saw someone had individually listed numerous AOL install CDs from throughout the years. No I did not check Sold Listings to see if anyone ever has actually bought one.

That's the best Dadaist performance art project ever.

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 11:28:46 AM »
For storage I bought a few of the cases we had at the record store I managed and went from this.

to this

Made me happy until I filled them up. But the WAF on the cases in the living room is low.

If I were getting rid of them I'd do what we did at the CD store and sign up for an Amazon seller account and get a postage meter. I know there are a few that are relatively hard to get that I'd be getting a few bucks for. You just have to keep up on it to maintain your seller rating and make sure that what goes out is in good shape.

Of course, it also helped that we had a POS system that matched up our inventory with Amazon's, but you could get a barcode scanner for $30 and do that at the house if you really wanted to be slick about it.
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

Offline deadheadcorey

• HOME TEAM Tapir
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • think for yourself, question authority
    • My Recordings on the LMA
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »
I have the same problem too. I am moving this weekend and I don't know what to do with my burnt cds and regular cds. was just thinking of tossing my burnt cds in the garbage, live shows ie phish, gd, moe. etc. etc.
mics: Audix M1245a-HC; AKG SE300B/CK91; Naiant X-O (hanging in the sweet spot @ Quixote's True Blue)
pres: Oade T+ UA-5; digimod UA-5
recs: R-09x3

iso: 2 ck93 caps
iso: pair of AT4041 mics

Official Archivist for Grant Farm

http://www.facebook.com/kindrecordingscolorado

Jerry Joseph rap during 'Conscious Contact'
"Life's pretty good. life's pretty good. it isn't all good.
I hate it when people tell me its all good. it's not all good.
it's not suppose to be all good. it's suppose to be bad sometimes so you can enjoy the good parts."

Offline thunderbolt

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Music est vita!
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2014, 06:10:47 PM »
If you have a local college radio station, they'd probably love to get them.  Or the local library.  Or the school system (depending on content).

Offline earmonger

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • 20-20000 Hz
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 06:17:31 PM »
You can dispose of any commercially released CDs with bar codes (not burned shows) at Ipodmeister. They pay for Fed Ex shipping and give back either gizmos or cash. They'll also burn mp3 copies of CDs if there's something you're not sure you want to part with. No idea what their business model is but hey...

http://ipodmeister.com/

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com