Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Nottingham Interspace Jr.  (Read 11370 times)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: Nottingham Interspace Jr.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 01:47:54 PM »
Ray, thanks for posting it.  My guy thinks he won't have an issue with making me a cover like your latter one, so I am probably just going to hold out until he gets it done.  he is going to confirm he can do it later this week.  if he doesn't or the lead time is ridiculous I may reach out on the platform/tonearm cover.  Thanks! 

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 12:03:33 AM »
Next time I come over, let's make sure its during the day so you can show me your rig! 

How was the Princess Party???   :P

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 08:06:21 AM »
definitely Terry.  As for the princess party, it was about as awesome as a bunch of 8 year olds singing with Belle (from beauty and the beast) can be

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 11:15:26 AM »
Ray, have a question.  where did you find the "feet" that your cover is slotted into?  My cover should be ready in 2 weeks, but the feet seems like a great idea....

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 01:32:47 PM »
Those are just rubber bumpers, which are stuck to the platform the table is on. They have since been replaced with clear, flat oval ones. They keep the cover from sliding around and creates a nice secure fit. You can buy them at pretty much any hardware store.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 05:48:39 PM »
good call...I was concerned with the cover sitting on a shelf with it sliding...this would solve that...thanks!

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 09:27:56 AM »
so a couple more thoughts after listening pretty extensively.  I am hearing little things I have never heard before...last night, listening to the river you could hear the vibration of the bass string after it was plucked...a low end that is lush and defined.  The other thing that is amazing to me is sound stage...particularly when listening to jazz, I can place every instrument on the "stage" in front of me...the seperation is amazing.  The only negative is I have a couple of records that have some small scratches that the rega was able to track with no problem but this light tonearm/cart jumps over them.  Minor thing given how great the table sounds on everything else, but my dealer is looking into a potentially heavier cart which may may with the arm better.

Bottom line this is the best money I have spent on my system since bi amping my speakers.  Freaking amazing.

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 10:09:23 AM »
To assist with tracking problems try increasing the mass of the tone arm by adding stainless steel washers between the headshell and the mounting bolts. Start with 2 grams worth and go up to 3 grams. This can help the cartridge and the tone arm better interface if there is a compliance issue between the two. Note; this is not tracking weight but rather tone arm mass. You should adjust your tracking weight accordingly after adding the extra weight.

Also, don't fear increasing the tracking weight of your cartridge. Use the upper limits of tracking...e.g. if the manufacturer recommends 1.5-2 grams....set tracking at 2 grams. This can also minimize issues related to groove distortion.

mfrench

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 10:34:40 AM »
Are you getting used to the needle drop with the unipivot arm?  They can be a little different to get used to.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 10:46:31 AM »
To assist with tracking problems try increasing the mass of the tone arm by adding stainless steel washers between the headshell and the mounting bolts. Start with 2 grams worth and go up to 3 grams. This can help the cartridge and the tone arm better interface if there is a compliance issue between the two. Note; this is not tracking weight but rather tone arm mass. You should adjust your tracking weight accordingly after adding the extra weight.

Also, don't fear increasing the tracking weight of your cartridge. Use the upper limits of tracking...e.g. if the manufacturer recommends 1.5-2 grams....set tracking at 2 grams. This can also minimize issues related to groove distortion.

thanks Ray, will give that a try

Are you getting used to the needle drop with the unipivot arm?  They can be a little different to get used to.

surprisingly I dont even notice not having a finger lift anymore!

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2015, 09:37:54 AM »
not a cheap addition but looks great and will keep dust off.

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2015, 10:57:40 PM »
Looks great. If you care to experiment I would recommend adding a granite slab on your shelf and under the table. I have found these to be very good at adding another layer of protection against airborne and mechanical vibrations. Find a custom shop that specializes in counter tops.  The cut out for the sink as well as other scraps work great. A shop near me is happy as all get out and will provide prices to my specs for $25.00. A real win/win.

I would make it slightly larger than your wall stand so your dust cover can sit completely flush on it.

I'll shoot an updated picture of mine, if that helps.

Btw did you resolve some of your minor tracking issues?

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 08:07:07 AM »
Looks great. If you care to experiment I would recommend adding a granite slab on your shelf and under the table. I have found these to be very good at adding another layer of protection against airborne and mechanical vibrations. Find a custom shop that specializes in counter tops.  The cut out for the sink as well as other scraps work great. A shop near me is happy as all get out and will provide prices to my specs for $25.00. A real win/win.

I would make it slightly larger than your wall stand so your dust cover can sit completely flush on it.

I'll shoot an updated picture of mine, if that helps.

Btw did you resolve some of your minor tracking issues?

Thanks...I will look into the granite.  BTW the bumpers from lowes were a great idea...for now, they allow my to sit my cover in the same spot every time and will protect from gentle bumps (which is all that ever really should happen).

For tracking, havent had a chance to make any changes yet as I got married last weekend...hoping in the next couple of weeks when things slow down I am going to try adding some weight...

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2015, 09:00:28 AM »
Enjoy the ride!

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 09:07:24 AM »
I got married last weekend...

Congrats!!!

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.111 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com