Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: "Boottunes" anyone used?  (Read 2412 times)

Offline here4thediscounts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a roaster
"Boottunes" anyone used?
« on: February 28, 2015, 09:06:51 PM »
I tried to search ts for any threads on this and it never seemed to work. Anyone used this on a mac? I'd like to be able to use this to put shows into iTunes and not have to go through each track to make it an album in iTunes. If redundant, I'll delete.

I get that the name sucks.

Coffee, beer, food, love, sex.

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a roaster
Re: "Boottunes" anyone used?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 09:13:37 PM »

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 01:24:15 PM »
Thanks for posting this. Because of your post I downloaded and tried it. Pretty nice.

A note about what I do differently than the way the help video demonstrates (I'm using a windows machine).

BTW, I do this because my car will play itunes from a memory stick. I like to load up the memory stick with itunes rather than wav files to save space. Unfortunately, the car does not seem to read the song title itunes data. It needs each music file to have a name in order to display the song title on the stereo readout.

The following may seem like a real hassle but doing my own conversions in the past took me many more steps and more time and effort.

Rather than the default folder in the user profile, I keep all my itunes music in a folder that I keep elsewhere just as with any other data folders.

In boottunes, I changed the destination path so it looks something like C:\data\itunes

After boottunes does the conversion,  I'll now have a folder path that looks something like C:\data\itunes\e5h*5hyl9yyc#

I simply rename the folder.

The conversion names the song files 0.m4a, 1.m4a, etc. Now I just rename each file to the song name with numbers "01 tuning, 02 Bottle Up and Go" etc.

Final step, open itunes and add the folder to the library.

I put the numbers on the song filenames so the car knows how to sort properly. Otherwise it goes by alphabetical order.

Oh, finally FYI - itunes get info shows that the files are 16/44.1 at 702 kbs

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a roaster
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 08:16:16 PM »
Good to know. Thanks for the feedback. I have a little stereo at work that I plug my iPod into and it isn't worth trying to keep the integrity of the uncompressed files in such a listening environment. That is reserved for the home stereo. I'll give it a shot.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com