Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: In the groove Soundsmith/Benz  (Read 2154 times)

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
In the groove Soundsmith/Benz
« on: April 08, 2015, 10:19:33 AM »
Well, I have been extremely pleased with the job Peter did at Soundsmith. My cartridge came back sounding fantastic. It tracks really well and responds in spades. Compared to the Grado Reference Platinum I was using during the Benz repair the Benz wipes the floor with the Grado. On well recorded albums, and in conjunction with my other gear, it reveals more information than it rightly should for the price. Remember that this repair cost me $285, or so. I would highly recommend anyone with a cartridge requiring a new cantilever and re-tip to use his services. His prices vary from $125-500, so they are affordable and will meet any users needs.

I have had this cartridge since around 1999 and had it re-tipped by Benz on 2 occasions, actually I thing the later was a swap, and worked on by Peter on two occasions. What Peter does is bring an already good cartridge to the status of really good. Bottom line is that I'm falling in love this cartridge all over again.

Here are some action shots.

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: In the groove Soundsmith/Benz
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 08:54:00 PM »
Cool.  I've tried to contact him a couple of times a couple-three years ago about refurbing a B&O  MM2 but he's never returned the email.  What's the trick to getting a little feed back from him?

You need to follow their specific directions on their Web site. It really as easy as pie. Fill out the service request and they send you back a repair number...which you send in with your cartridge. I have another cartridge I'm send in soon.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com