Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Fiio X3 Second Generation  (Read 3114 times)

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Fiio X3 Second Generation
« on: May 16, 2015, 10:07:12 PM »
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1137456&gclid=CNOrp8LXx8UCFUuTfgodIBsA9Q&Q=&is=REG&A=details

This looks good, but doesn't seem to be available for purchace yet as it is a new model. Does anyone know when it will be available? The specs indicate gapless FLAC playback is supported, but I saw that the previous model had trouble with it.

Any other opinions, concerns, etc?

Thanks as always for everyone's input,

ONT-

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Spreadicated
Re: Fiio X3 Second Generation
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 08:17:49 AM »
The original X3 plays gap less!!  No problems at all
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 12:18:23 PM »
Agreed with the above......no problem what so ever with the original. It plays everything and gapless.

Offline kubacheck

• Trade Count: (3)
    • My Flickr site
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 01:23:57 PM »
Interesting that the 2nd gen X3 now looks just like the old X1..... I'm happy enough with the $99 X1, especially since they both only have 1 card slot.... If they ever give one of these Bluetooth, then I might upgrade.....

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 03:15:09 PM »
Interesting that the 2nd gen X3 now looks just like the old X1..... I'm happy enough with the $99 X1, especially since they both only have 1 card slot.... If they ever give one of these Bluetooth, then I might upgrade.....

The new X3 is supposed to have improved sound quality over the X1, at least as far as the reviews go. I'm just wondering when they will be in stock. I would rather purchase from B&H.
(One of the reviews I read said that the X3 could take a thumb drive, in addition to the micro CF card. That would add a lot more capacity.)

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 05:43:37 PM »
Thumb drive would be cool......less expensive, too.

Offline kubacheck

• Trade Count: (3)
    • My Flickr site
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 05:46:35 PM »
^^^^  I'm not sure that my old damaged ears would even notice any sound improvement, and I'm already happy with my X1, sound-wise and convenience-wise.... I love being able to download something in flac and just play straightaway on the X1, something I can't do on my iPod..... the big improvement for me, as I alluded to above, would be when they give the X1 or X3 Bluetooth capability, I love not having myself tethered by wires to the iPod..... Of course, if Apple would just allow iTunes to play flacs, that problem would be solved anyway.....  :)

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 09:23:59 PM »
^^^^  .... I love being able to download something in flac and just play straightaway on the X1, something I can't do on my iPod....... Of course, if Apple would just allow iTunes to play flacs, that problem would be solved anyway.....  :)

I hear you. My wife asked me, 'Why do you need another music player? Why can't you just use your iPod?'

I have a 160 gig iPod Classic loaded with Apple Lossless files, mostly as an external drive for my Alpine car stereo. (I have favorite shows loaded on the iPod that are permanent.)
I tried to explain to her (which was like teaching a pig to sing) that I wanted something to drag and drop FLACs onto for listening, and the iPod necessitates files being loaded into iTunes, which Won't play FLACs or read FLAC tags. Whenever I speak about my hobby..er..obsession, all she can see is dollar signs.

The main advantage of the Fiio players is that I could load it up with a week or two's worth of FLAC to listen to, and then dump those files later and load it up again with new files, easily and quickly.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com