Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG repair and matching  (Read 6896 times)

Offline Phil Zone

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: AKG repair and matching
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 10:32:25 PM »
Came back as all both bodies good, ck61 caps were good but old so lost a little transparency but nothing more than a db or two. The ck61 that I though was bad, was indeed bad and would have cost 220 for the repair so I'm just going to sell the single and get a new pair most likely. Bill came to around $180 so I'm glad that I know That the bodies are good and the ck61 are good.
Microphones: AKG 460B, 480B, Naiant Actives,CK1,CK61,CK62,CK63, CK69, Busman BSC-1, CA-14
Preamps: Naiant Littlebox, Naiant Tinyhead
Recorders: Zoom F6, Tascam DR-05

LMA Shows: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Cam%20Keough%22&sort=-date

Offline picklemic

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: AKG repair and matching
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 08:54:44 PM »
Others have had good experiences with Richard. I did not. I sent him some ck61's for a checkup & he sent them back with the capsule pin bent on one of them and it broke off the first time I screwed it onto a body. He eventually made it right but.......

Edit: I found the emails with Richard. I honestly forgot why I sent them in. I bought a second set of 480 bodies. Where the cap screws in the body was ever so slightly "bent/crooked". That is why I sent them in. I sent my ck61's along for a "check up".

He assured me the body did not need repaired and the caps were fine. He sent them back to me and the first time I took the cap off the pin broke off.

If you ask me, Land is a hack that will charge you $75 a microphone and tell you the caps are bad and he doesn't think he can find replacements. Just cause it maybe easier than to actually diagnose it.

Sent it to AKG with them knowing it went to Land and it was not the caps it was the internal rechargeable had leaked on the board and needed an expert. Both fixed for around $100.

Called up my Credit Card and pointed out that Land charged me $150 for 2 microphones he could not fix and the bill from AKG for the repair and after a short interaction I had got $150 credited back to my account. YMMV  ::)

AKG 522 c the pickle,v2,v3,R 44

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com