Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Archive DISH broadcast?  (Read 5522 times)

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Archive DISH broadcast?
« on: August 01, 2015, 10:49:32 PM »
Aloha:

I purchased and DVR'd the Grateful Dead Fare thee Well concerts on my DISH 722k DVR

I plan to buy the official releases of the Final run but that's not due for release until November. In the meantime, I need to open up space on my DVR.

Any idea how I can copy the shows from the DVR to my PC so they can still be played on the PC until the official releases become available?

The only thing I can figure out is to connect a pc to th DVR and start a capture with my Pinnacle Studio software. I'm just hoping for an easier way without physically relocating many pieces of hardware.

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
Re: Archive DISH broadcast?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 11:11:06 PM »
I'm just hoping for an easier way without physically relocating many pieces of hardware.

I'd get looooonger cables..... :P ;D :D 8)
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Online Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 03:49:10 AM »
If you can get your hands on a Slingbox you can "sling" it to your PC and save it.

I don't recall how I did this. It's been some time. A Google search brings up a few options. The only thing I recall having success with was a command based option. It might have been this:

http://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/slingbox_capture/

||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline nassau73

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 03:20:24 PM »
Thanks. Your solution looks interesting.

Not sure how it will work with my current DISH equipment. It's a 722k with a DISH sling adapter. The "sling" is utilized through the DISH anywhere website or their app.

The app allows you to transfer your recorded programs to your iOS or android device but the transfer only works if your DVR is a hopper with sling. It doesn't work if you have a hopper with a sling adapter (or any other model DVR with sling adapter). The faq does not say what file format the transferred file is saved as.

From what I understand, the saved program on the DVR is a proprietary file format that can only be played back on the DISH DVR.

Another possibility that I haven't yet tried is using a video capture device - like the Pinnacle Dazzle which I've used to transfer a bunch of my old VHS tapes. This and the PERL script that you mention are both real time copies.

Looks like I got some 'sperimentin' to do! 

Thanks again

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 04:08:32 PM »
as far as i know it is a proprietary format that can only be played on dish boxes. but i do know that it is mpeg4 of some sort

a video capture device is your best bet

i used to be a dish tech, but have moved into management in the office following a severe accident in february

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 12:51:08 PM »
I know these are readily available at a private tracker where I'm a member as 40-50GB 1080hd mkv files.  I assumed they would be widely available at the usual places. 
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline dmb2much

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 05:10:09 PM »
I have the same Dish Network DVR as you and have captured many shows (1080i maximum) with an earlier version (PVR-1212) of this: http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html
Although they aren't full size, here's a couple screenshots from captures:

Offline nassau73

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 01:16:50 PM »
I recently came across this item at Amazon - the HDMI Cloner Box

http://www.amazon.com/HDML-Cloner-need-Capture-streaming-videos/dp/B00TF9MCXU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450807026&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+cloner

What works for me is that the DVR can remain in the living room and I don't have to bother with connections to the computer - aside from plugging in a USB memory stick.

The $99 box comes from the manufacturer in China but shipping has been quick here to Hawaii, even faster than some of the mainland companies shipping here! (BTW, even as a PRIME member - there is no free 2 day shipping to Hawaii. In fact, for the last year, we had to be a PRIME member to get any free shipping at all. )

I am currently using a replacement cloner box because the initial box stopped synching with my DVR after about a week.

The company has been very responsive and asked to have the defective box sent back (with all postage costs reimbursed). As soon as I told them the tracking number of the return, they had a replacement in the mail.

When I first read the reviews at Amazon, I was concerned about the various comments complaining about a capture being split into various files (kinda like the M10 with large audio files) but as long as the memory stick is NTFS formatted I haven't experienced segmentation at all.

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 11:02:58 AM »
I recently came across this item at Amazon - the HDMI Cloner Box

I went to the link and read the reviews.  Sounds like a really amazing little device - and something that people have been wanting for a long time.  Thanks for the link.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com