Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Tascam DR 680 external battery recommendation?

(1/4) > >>

raymonda:
Sorry, I've used the search option but haven't found a solid and safe recommendation. I've heard that you need to use a variable power source, so as to not fry the unit.

Anyone with a strong and safe recommendation that doesn't cost as much as the unit?

Thanks!

Ray

raymonda:
Bump. .....anyone?

achalsey:
The generally accepted rule (not universally though, I don't believe) is the auto voltage selecting Tekkeon batteries wouldn't always recognize the proper voltage for the 680 and could fry the unit.  You just need a battery that reliably puts out what it advertises.  I believe the Tekkeons mistakenly supplying over 12v was what was causing issues for a few people.

I've had fine results with the knock off Naztech battery that was popular for a second (sorry can't find a link), as well as the old Tekkeon 3300 that saw a huge collection sold cheap on ebay a little while ago.  I've also used 9v DVD batteries with no issue.

A battery that supplies a reliable 12 or 9v output should do fine.

perks:
I just used the Naztech external all weekend at LOCKn that Tonedeaf hipped me to and it worked like a champ. No issues and it comes with a tip that fit perfectly.  Ran it a 9V.

Sloan Simpson:
I use Tekkeon myPower ALL plus (Model No. MP3450 R3), problem free for a couple years now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version