Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Thorens TD850 complete and last report, I promise!!!!!!  (Read 2737 times)

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Thorens TD850 complete and last report, I promise!!!!!!
« on: October 28, 2015, 05:35:41 PM »
I'm sure most folks have heard enough about this project, which I've reported here on a number of occasions. But, to put closure to it, I thought I would post the final pictures and short narrative regarding it in its final revision. The last two things that were done were to replace the carbon none-felt with a 1mm carbon mat. and to put carbon cone pads under the cones.

The carbon none-felt is a great mat.......maybe the best. However, I wanted to try a carbon mat that did not have the soft materials included, so I purchased the one seen in the attached pictures. It seems to provide a bit more resolution that the none-felt......however, to be sure I will have to compare some high resolution transfers I made with the none-felt carbon. Also, I replaced the SS/graphite pads with 5mm carbon fiber. I'm not so sure there is much of a difference, if any, but it continues with the carbon theme mods I did to the motor and tonearm board, as well as the platter.

The bottom line is that I'm very happy with the finished product.......Michell Tecnoarm and Origin Live motor upgrade, and feel that it was an upward direction from my prior table.

So, unless I upgrade my tonearm with an SME 3009, this is my last report.

Ray
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:38:29 PM by raymonda »

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: Thorens TD850 complete and last report, I promise!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 05:37:50 PM »
last few.

mfrench

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 05:45:13 PM »
Looking good.
Why not just update this thread with whatever else happens?

Have you ever tried a longer arm on any deck?

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Qualified
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 05:53:55 PM »
It really looks great and I would be interested in more updates. My daughter helped me refresh a Garrard Lab 80 over the summer and now she is pushing to do something else. I am considering a Russco or other QRK variant. I dunno but it's always nice to see what others are working on.

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 06:08:32 PM »
Looking good.
Why not just update this thread with whatever else happens?

Have you ever tried a longer arm on any deck?

I can go to a 10 inch on this but not a 12 unless I make a cantilever.  My next arm will most likely be an SME but that is down the road.

I'll keep the updates right here.

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 06:10:37 PM »
It really looks great and I would be interested in more updates. My daughter helped me refresh a Garrard Lab 80 over the summer and now she is pushing to do something else. I am considering a Russco or other QRK variant. I dunno but it's always nice to see what others are working on.

Try an Empire.......I've always wanted to mod one of those!!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com