Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Audio Discussion Forum - HiFi Haven  (Read 3716 times)

mfrench

• Trade Count: (0)
New Audio Discussion Forum - HiFi Haven
« on: November 03, 2015, 01:58:37 PM »
Old orignal server, since migrated to new server www-audiohaven.org

Migrated to a new server. This is the new url add't: www.hifihaven.org

The original launch name was Audio Haven, but has since changed to HiFi Haven.

Its a new forum for discussion of playback, systems, builds, etc. General discussions of audio playback.  It's a very civilized environment, with people that are open to new ideas.  You won't get blasted for talking about your opinion.
It is like TS.Com was, when it first developed, back when the Oade old guard didn't like the idea of a new tapers forum; now look what this place has grown to. We'd like for this new place to grow, similarly.

At any rate,... we're trying to get new membership there. Its a nice place, with a great vibe. All welcome.
I've even started a recording thread focusing on microphones, stereo patterns, etc. You should feel right at home in that thread.  Maybe peruse that thread, and add what you can?!
This is that thread:
http://www.hifihaven.org/forum/main-forum/538-a-songcatcher-in-the-wild-natural-aural-imagery

Thanks for looking!

peace out
Moke
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 09:10:37 AM by m0k3 »

mfrench

Re: New Audio Discussion Forum - HiFi Heaven
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 02:02:32 PM »
Oh yeah,... Quite a few tube heads there, including quite a few extremely knowledgeable builders, and designers.

Offline StuStu

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: New Audio Discussion Forum - HiFi Haven
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 05:38:38 PM »
I'm in, looks nice. Thanks for the info, Moke.
MK5, MK8, MK41, KM184D, CK77, B3 ---CMD 2U XT, KC5, KCY, AKI---KCY Tinybox, Ugly BB---AETA 4MinX, PMD661 MKII, R-26, M-10, MR-1

mfrench

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 08:33:11 PM »
Its a nice place. I hope that you enjoy. Thanks.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 10:27:03 AM »
Will check it out when I can, thanks for the heads-up.  A recording thread probably opens some minds, since it seems to me most audiophile types don't think deeply about the mechanics of their food supply, yet get all worked up over gold edging on the dinner plate and the cross-section of the tines on their fork.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

mfrench

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 04:20:50 PM »
Exactly what happened, Lee.  There are a few comments in that thread about how they'd never considered what went into the music that they listen to.
Please, do check it out. Its a nice place, but needs more input from more people to really get it launched. I have no affiliation, other than few friends, and an interest in the other side of our game (the listening part). I just like the place because there are not attitudes, and you can get into discussions about stuff without the Snake Oil charges being files, etc.

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 05:34:15 PM »
Will do.  I've got a big boat show staring here tomorrow, a big and exhausting undertaking for us, so I probably won't get any free time to check it out until that's over.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

mfrench

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 04:16:34 PM »
I just want to say thanks. I see some familiar names popping up in the New Members list.
I appreciates it!

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 04:50:07 PM »
Registered earlier today, but can't get in yet.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com