Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What multi-track software are you using?  (Read 4295 times)

Offline Ben Turnbull

• Don't ask me about Audacity...
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • A Clark Nova ate my lunch... Don't ask, just pee
Re: What multi-track software are you using?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 05:37:32 AM »
<snip>
Where Audacity quickly hits the wall in functionality for me is in a project where I need to do simultaneous edits on more than two tracks.  <snip>

I wonder if "grouping clips" is what you're wanting to do in Audacity? Couldn't be easier to deal w/several tracks at once.
Open Audacity Help and search for 'Grouping Clips'.

I use this often with mixing two or more tracks and it speeds the workflow a bunch. I also use Multitrack on single sources when I want to apply EQ, envelopes, dynamic processing... in one pass. Handling 2+gb files is also a big advantage of Audition... that and having picked it up free when it was offered.  There are other sites offering AA3.01 for free download. Fingers crossed... The Adobe site has shut down the original 2013 activation server.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:39:26 AM by Ben Turnbull »
Who came first, Dave King or Zack´╗┐ Galifianakis?...
-My name is Ben, and I'm an AQhaulic ranting hysterically in my dotage
Official Archivist for Jazz Central Studios, MinniMN
DPA4021/SKM140/NakCM1k/ADK A51s/Countryman B3/ATes943/SPc4/och... > TinyBox OT> PCM-M10/DR-680/R4/T+mod UA5 needs attention

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (27)
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 03:11:53 PM »
<snip>
Where Audacity quickly hits the wall in functionality for me is in a project where I need to do simultaneous edits on more than two tracks.  <snip>

I wonder if "grouping clips" is what you're wanting to do in Audacity? Couldn't be easier to deal w/several tracks at once.
Open Audacity Help and search for 'Grouping Clips'.

Never tried that - I'll have to check it out.  An example of what I'm talking about though is selecting multiple tracks, splitting them all at the playhead, and then drawing a fade in/out simultaneously on all tracks, or in some cases dragging the ends of one group of items from separate tracks onto the beginnings of others for a crossfade.  This is extremely easy to do in Reaper, and I imagine it is also in Audition.
DPA 4061 | Line Audio CM3 | Naiant X-Q
Naiant PFAs | Shure FP24
Tascam DR-70D JWMod | Sony PCM-M10

Tascam DR-70D FAQ
Team Line Audio
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.    ///    If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.
- Gustav Mahler

Offline Ben Turnbull

• Don't ask me about Audacity...
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Clark Nova ate my lunch... Don't ask, just pee
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 07:43:09 PM »
^ These  might help... If they're too fuzzy I can enlarge them a bit yet.  If you can't find the tool pallet with the group button on it (pic 2), CTL-G works as well, once you've selected the tracks to tie up. The last slide might seem to suggest that the fade is applied, reversed, at the other end of the file... not so. A separate mark and apply fade is required, but it fades in the opposite direction.

Cross fades are a large piece of cake, Huge in fact.
HTH... I have more.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 05:02:43 PM by Ben Turnbull »
Who came first, Dave King or Zack´╗┐ Galifianakis?...
-My name is Ben, and I'm an AQhaulic ranting hysterically in my dotage
Official Archivist for Jazz Central Studios, MinniMN
DPA4021/SKM140/NakCM1k/ADK A51s/Countryman B3/ATes943/SPc4/och... > TinyBox OT> PCM-M10/DR-680/R4/T+mod UA5 needs attention

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.095 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2017 Taperssection.com