Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A Little Help--Marantz 6100  (Read 5248 times)

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
A Little Help--Marantz 6100
« on: September 16, 2016, 06:05:30 PM »
I've had this turntable for quite a while but never really used it.  The belt was "melted" to the platter.  Got another belt and cleaned up the platter pretty good.  It plays but I'm not sure how to set up a few things, like the anti-skate and the counter-weight if there is one of this.  And the left channel is a bit weaker than the right.  Moving the wires ( off the cartridge ) around made it a bit better.  So, what do you think?  A few pics of the arm where the anti-skate is:

Receiver:

A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:44:09 PM by OOK »
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline gormenghast

• Taperssection Member
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline One Cylinder

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: A Little Help--Marantz 6100
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 02:00:15 PM »
give this a try...

http://www.vintageshifi.com/repertoire-pdf/pdf/telecharge.php?pdf=Marantz-6100-Owners-Manual.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxyuZ4073po

hope it all helps... peace OOK

It did help a lot.  Enlightening!

Thanks.

That's a nice looking turn table! Is it heavy? Looks like a really solid piece of gear.

Great recommendations by gormenghast on sites to check out for assistance on TT setup. If you're in need of more TT & record-spinning info I highly recommend visiting the Vinyl forum at Audio Asylum site. It's a very active forum & many of the regulars are super-knowledgable on all things TT & vinyl related. Here's the link: http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/vinyl/bbs.html

Happy listening!   ;D

Paul 
Schoeps MK4(x2) MK21(x2)
Schoeps CMC6(x4) CMC1K(x2)
Sonosax SX-M2, Grace Design ACM Lunatec V3
Roland OCM R-44

Offline gormenghast

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 12:34:49 PM »
OOK was the one who recommended the sites to get info on setting up the turntable.  It is a heavy piece compared to some.  I'll check out the link you shared, Paul.

Offline Sheed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 09:54:33 PM »
I have that turntable, that manual should get you sorted.

I spent a good chunk of change getting it restored a few years ago and it has been wonderful. I run it with a Marantz 1030 amp.  Looks stunning (new wood finish) and sounds better.
I love you like a fat kid love cake

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com