Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Roland R-88 got a *massive* price drop! (fierce F8 competition?)

(1/4) > >>

IronFilm:
For those looking at an alternative to the Zoom F8, I noticed that B&H has a "New Arrival", refurbished Rolland R-88 units selling at nearly half their launch price (I guess Zoom is providing some serious pricing pressure! They might even be new units, and only "refurbished" in name only?!):

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1286630-REG/roland_r_88b_r_88_8_channel_recorder_and.html

2manyrocks:
The new r88 is still $1995 with the refurb  being $800 less.  That is a substantial discount, but a new f8 is still $999.  Haven't compared the r88 with the f8, but the obvious question is what makes the r88 twice the price of the f8?

IronFilm:
Yeah the cheaper price of the F8 and its smaller size, means I'd personally still prefer the F8 over R88. But others might see the comparison differently and jump on the chance to get the R88 cheaply.

dallman:
The decks have different functionality. For instance. the R-88 has Digi in and out. That is a big difference alone, which to some would make the cost difference worth it. If that is not important , than the higher price of the R-88 is probably not necessary. The 2 decks have differences and are both valuable depending on what one is looking for.

2manyrocks:
Was $795 on flash deal at BH Photo a few days ago and now showing discontinued.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version