Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Is "Mikrofonaufsätze von Jörg Wuttke" available anywhere translated to english?  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
I'm only literate in english yet I've long been curious to read Wuttke's extensive paper on microphones and recording, titled "Mikrofonaufsätze von Jörg Wuttke", available only in German at the Schoeps site at the bottom of the following page- http://schoeps.de/en/downloads/papers#Mikrofonaufsätze von Jörg Wuttke

Does anyone know if this has ever been translated to english and if so, where a copy might be available?  Using Google translate to try and parse individual section PDFs doesn't work very well.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Gutbucket

The introduction through G-translate-

The first edition of this essay was published under the
Title "Recording technology for the ambitious amateur"
In Stereoplay, booklets 8/9 1988.

He was originally directed to music lovers, the
Except physical basic knowledge of acoustics only
Little knowledge about microphones and recording technology
have. This group of people sometimes surprises the
Necessary equipment to produce stereo-
Recordings.

In the following, fundamental foundations of the
Recording and microphone technology. This includes the
Knowledge of stereophonic microphone systems and their
Peculiarities. In addition, the elementary function
Of pressure and pressure gradient receivers As well as with the working principles
Special properties.

Recording technology for the ambitious amateur describes most of us.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline if_then_else

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
If memory serves, there's already another thread dedicated to Mr. Wuttke's "microphone essays" :
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=174478.0;all

A few of his AES papers are available in English on http://www.sengpielaudio.com/Wuttke.htm.

Offline Gutbucket

Thanks if_then.  I checked Sengpiel's site prior to posting without luck, but that other TS thread is about exactly the piece I'm interested in and I'd missed that discussion.  Looks like a translation may be presently in the works after all.  Cheers!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com