Ive never really babysat batteries while they charged, despite the warnings and advice I had received here over the years.
Christmas morning I was pulling last minute Santa duty wrapping and setting up for the morning. I was multitasking and had been charging all my batteries and getting everything straight to leave the next night on the 26th to head toward Phish NYE
I was only 20ft away when it happened, and very lucky that I was. I heard a small pop hiss hiss followed by a slower more steady hiss.
Looking up i saw the tekkeon had a cloud of gas shooting out of it, about the same time the smell hit me. It was horrible.
I quickly grabbed a pair of nitrile gloves from the cabinet next to the charge station and as safely as i could transferred the battery outside. I could feel the guts boiling and still charginf max or more until the ac cable was unplugged.
Dont leave charging batteries completely unattended. It could be all the difference in a normal day or the worst day of your life!