Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: The Art of the Matrix  (Read 566 times)

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
The Art of the Matrix
« on: February 17, 2017, 02:34:52 PM »
It is always such a hassle to ask a soundguy you don't know to "borrow" two lines to get your mics from the stage to the soundboard... Or having to ask him/her to send the FoH signal to the stage for you...   Do you think this system might work?  You could place the omni mics where you need them...    or I use cad E300S  that have built in phantom power...  I think this would work  (two sets of course)  all this is taken from the ENG/Film bunch that come along with owning a F8?

https://www.amazon.com/BOYA-Wireless-Lavalier-Microphone-Camcorder/dp/B01BD7EKTK

this system can be had for 110$ (tomtom)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 03:42:29 PM by bdasilva »
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

Offline jcable77

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: The Art of the Matrix
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 02:16:46 AM »
If you have the dr-40 why not just leave that at the board separate of your rig? That's what I've been doing lately. All comes together in post.
Mics- nak 300's 3x cp1, cp2, naiant x-r's (cards). Pre- SD-302, x-r amp, apogee mini-me X2, Decks- pmd-671, R-44, dr-40, dr-03.....ISO cp-3 caps and a huge bag of mint HQ microphones on the side of the road.

Offline ~Jon Stoppable

• Trade Count: (47)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Naiant Studio
Re: The Art of the Matrix
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 09:49:44 AM »
If you're happy with the frequency response of the system--50Hz to 16kHz, which is about the same as FM radio--and the dynamic range, which is probably around 50dB, and the boxes work well enough with decent range and you don't interfere with the same frequencies the soundguy is using (ask), then it ought to work fine.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.093 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2017 Taperssection.com