Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

mount for SRS 3D printed mic mount

(1/3) > >>

HealthCov Chris:
Anyone find a more affordable mounting clip for the SRS mic mounts.  I just ordered one for my AKG c460 mics but don't really have the extra $ for the Shure A53m shock mount.  The AkG mics are heavy, so I'm not sure if there is a decent alternative to get me by until I can get the Shure.

voltronic:

--- Quote from: CorFit Chris on March 07, 2017, 01:21:33 PM ---Anyone find a more affordable mounting clip for the SRS mic mounts.  I just ordered one for my AKG c460 mics but don't really have the extra $ for the Shure A53m shock mount.  The AkG mics are heavy, so I'm not sure if there is a decent alternative to get me by until I can get the Shure.

--- End quote ---

Well, the cheapest shock mount that I've found effective at all are these Schoeps A20 knockoffs.  Line the cradles with some felt to grab onto 20mm mic bodies or mounting bars such as the SRS mounts:
http://www.wgtcenter.com/microphone-accessories/shock-mount/microphone-clip-clamp-holder-shock-mount-suspension-22mm-shotgun-pencil-pro-a20-elastic-swivel.html

The Rycote INV-HG is really the best way to go.  I'd recommend saving your money and buying one as soon as possible.

HealthCov Chris:
Thanks!

dream:

--- Quote from: voltronic on March 07, 2017, 06:20:38 PM ---
The Rycote INV-HG is really the best way to go.  I'd recommend saving your money and buying one as soon as possible.

--- End quote ---

I strongly second this!

noahbickart:
I say to go for the rycote as well. It's the best sonically. It is totally indestructible. The cable clip is perfect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version