Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR100 Mark III Input Level Knob Binds  (Read 2905 times)

Offline CWJensen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Tascam DR100 Mark III Input Level Knob Binds
« on: March 22, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »
As the headline suggests at times there is a binding/heavier feel on the input level knob.

Anybody else had a problem?

This is a new unit replaced by Tascam after one of the XLR locking pins broke and the repair guy messed up a connection trying to repair it.

Thanks.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: Tascam DR100 Mark III Input Level Knob Binds
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 04:36:59 PM »
It is hard to know exactly what you mean, but if you are saying turning this knob has some resistance while turning it, that is how it should be.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline CWJensen

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 07:27:42 AM »
Yeah, I didn't do a perfect job of explaining. It turns smoothly sometimes and other times it suddenly gets harder to turn. There is more resistance as if something is binding.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 11:35:10 AM »
I tried my deck for the first time on Saturday, and while I used it as a bit bucket, taking a signal from a Sound Devices USB Pre2, I did turn the Input level knob just to check it out and I found it to be uniform and smooth. I turned it slowly, as if I were to set a level which obviously I didn't using the deck as a bit bucket, but I did not experience any binding or unevenness in turning the knob. I was actually very impressed as I found the deck much quicker and more responsive than the MKII.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline WalkingStickMan

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 11:08:32 AM »
Not sure about your particular problem CWJ, but I will say that I'm now on my fourth, yes FOURTH unit after having returned the previous three due to all kinds of technical and craftsmanship issues. TBH, the reason I haven't switched over to something else entirely is that, when the deck works, it works well and I really enjoy all of the features built into the device. But I wouldn't be surprised if there's something other than normal going on, as unhelpful as that is, and I'd recommend continuing to exchange until you find a unit that seems to be working as you'd expect it to. Like I said, it took me quite a few tries to get what I now believe to be a fully-functioning mkiii. :) YMMV

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com