Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Internal depth & dimensions of MOVO WST windscreens?  (Read 146 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • Needs to get out more...
Internal depth & dimensions of MOVO WST windscreens?
« on: April 11, 2017, 10:34:20 AM »
Hey you Movo 'Balistic Nylon' windscreen (super softy clone) users, if you could take a couple measurements of your Movo WST windscreens you can help me figure out a which windscreen I may be able to adapt for use with some non-standard microphones.  I've not been able to find this information online.

The WSTT50 is nominally 3cm
The WST80 is nominally 6cm
The WST100 is nominally 8cm

>Does the nominal measurement accurately indicate the actual internal depth clearance as measured from the deepest insertion point out to the inner-most edge of the flange of the rubber end-cap coupler?  (if not what is the actual measurement?)
>How much further can the eraser end of a pencil be pushed in once it lightly 'bottoms out'? (slightly compressing the internal end-foam)
>How deep is the  rubber coupler's microphone mounting flange? (same depth as the external flange around the outer edge of the rubber endcap?)
>What is the exterior diameter of the entire rubber end cap?
>What is the overall external length of WSTT50, WST80 and WST100?

Thanks for your help!
volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values | numeric values > voltages > vibrations > virtual teleportation time-machine experience

"Narrow or widely spaced microphone configurations are preferred. It is well-known experience that pure coincidence microphone concepts are not able to produce a satisfying natural spatial impression, due to the lack of adequate interchannel temporal relations (time-of-arrival, phase, correlation)" -G√ľnther Theile
"The mix of the Double M/S signals with a large A/B configuration of omnis results in the spacious sound that is often desired. This option also provides decorrelated low-frequency signals." -Helmut Wittek

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 23 queries.
© 2002-2017 Taperssection.com