Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Upgrade from AT943 (Hypercardioids)?

(1/3) > >>

lushka:
Hey Guys,

Current rig consists of the following:

AT943 (Hypers) (mounted on glasses) > SP-Preamp > PCM-M10

Been thinking of upgrading my mics. Mostly tape stealth PA'd Rock and Metal shows in large/smallish venues. Not really interested in getting any large mic elements, e.g. Schoeps and the likes, was hoping to stay as inconspicuous as possible and avoid any 'binaural' options (4060, 4061). Current budget for a stereo pair is $700 - $1400. Would really appreciate some feedback.

Thanks,
Alex

beatkilla:
Why not buy the at943 cardiod capsules for $119 from soundpros?

larrysellers:
If you need to stay that small, you already have what you need IMO. With that budget, I would be looking at an mbho or akg active setup.

lushka:
Thank you for your feedback. Could you recommend any reliable MBHO vendor, preferably, someone knowledgeable with stealth setups and customizations?

Cheers,
Alex

goodcooker:
You said you don't want any full size mic capsules...MBHO are the same size as Schoeps or AKG etc.

Not that you can't stealth with an active setup that size - people do it all the time - but you cannot mount them on your glasses.

I'm considering putting together an MBHO active setup. You can buy the capsules and remote collettes form No Hype audio in the EU or Dale Pro Audio in the USA.
Get the PFA power adapters from Jon at Naiant studios.

You need P48 phantom power to run these.

That said..the only mics I can think of that I like the sound of that are really small are the Countryman B3 and the Nevaton MCE400.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version