Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Tiny stand or bungee device to run on stage?

(1/2) > >>

MakersMarc:
I rarely tape onstage but a Charlie Hunter run is coming. My manfrotto is just a little big, wondering (seen them not sure what they're called) about one of those bungee wraparound things for cellphones and standalone recorders? Or a cheap tiny stand?

Thanks!

heathen:
Which Manfrotto do you have that's too big?  Is it the 5001B Nano?

MakersMarc:
So old I can't read the numbers,, I've had this stand since 2000 or so. 2 feet is about lowest it'll go.

goodcooker:

I used to have one of these for on stage and sitting on mix desks and stuff. Don't know where it got off to...

https://www.amazon.com/ammoon-Mini-Microphone-Mic-Stand/dp/B013U48ZZ4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1529083394&sr=8-5&keywords=table+top+mic+stand

mfrench:
I'm always up front.  I use a pair of stands and extensions that I've cobbled together.  One of the stands is a vocal-type mic stand that I cut in half. The other is a short kickdrum stand. Both are folding tripod stands.  I have them adapted for 3/8-16 thread, which is the smaller thread set for mics. The extensions are 3/8-16 all-thread rod from the hardware store, with female thread rod connetors to provide a female thread for attaching the extensions.  The extensions range from 6" to 3'.  The 3/8-16 extensions are a fairly small diameter, and help keeps things low profile.
THe stand that I cut in half is a 2'->4' stand w/o any extensions, and can go to 7' with a single extension. The kickdrum stand is short, and only extends from base height of maybe 6" to 1'. With the extensions, can go to 4' or 5' and be stable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version