Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: NIMH rechargable batteries and chargers  (Read 12341 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
NIMH rechargable batteries and chargers
« on: April 29, 2003, 05:19:17 PM »

NIMH RECHARGABLE BATTERIES AND CHARGERS

My batteries and charger documentation told me I didn't need to go through a couple charge / discharge cycles.  Silly me, I read and paid attention to the manual.  After finding short run-times with my rechargable AAs, I cycled them twice (full discharge / full charge), and now my batteries are lasting much longer.  I now cycle my batteries every 10 uses or so which seems to maintain my batteries' performance.

Batteries

AA Maha Powerex 2000 mAH
 C Maha 3500 mAH
 D Powerex 7500 mAH
 9v Maha 160 maH *
 9v Plainview 170 mAH (9.6v) *

*  Note:  Not all 9v rechargables are actually 9v.  They generally range in voltages 7.2v - 9.6v.  Some devices work on less than 9v, some don't.  Make sure you get a voltage that will work for you 9v operation!  Safest bet, get a true 9+ volt battery.

Chargers

Lots of other options for chargers.  Some key features for tapers:  fast charge rate for quick turnaround, float charge so you can't overcharge your batteries, ability to run on 12v DC to run in your car.  The charger I use:

Maha C204F
Charges 2 or 4 AA or AAA batteries FAST and then trickle charges to top them off.
Won't fry them if you leave them in too long accidentally.  There are newer models and other comparable products on the market now, so look around.

Some places to find rechargable batteries and chargers:

Thomas Distributing
BatterySpace
NIMHBatteries
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 06:50:22 AM by Brian Skalinder »
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

BobW

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NIMH rechargable batteries and chargers
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 09:53:16 PM »
Agreed, the Chun SmartCharger full cycle extended my NiMH pack's stamina by 75%.
This somewhat lenthy process fully discharges and then charges the battery.

This can be critical for an unexpected encore third set or a warm-up act that can't be ignored.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com