Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: on stage mic stand?  (Read 2527 times)

Offline murph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
on stage mic stand?
« on: July 10, 2003, 02:13:08 PM »
What up team,
I was wondering if anyone has any idea where to find a mini mic stand to run on stand, and mic clamps.
Thanks
Murph

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:on stage mic stand?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 03:05:41 PM »
I use the Manfrotto, "Low mini Pro" and love it. It's very compact and it can extend up to 4'. You can even use it for most seated events where stand height is an issue. I got mine from masterpiece for $64. They also have clamps there as well.

Kevin
« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 03:09:09 PM by Mic D »

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 04:39:56 PM »
if i understand your question correctly, any common desk stand should work. http://www.djmart.com/addemist.html
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

Offline DatJoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 06:22:34 PM »
I have done much research for this...and believe to have found the best one out there...and I've seen them ALL. I picked up a Bass Drum Mic Stand for about $30.00 at Guitar Center. Why is this the best one? First off, it has a circular bottom (not a tripod) so it makes the smallest footprint possible, it adjusts about 3 feet high (eventhough you would never go that high) and it has a very low center of gravity. I record Steve Kimock Band regularly along with Vinyl, Topaz, etc...and this stand is made for that application.  No riggin' going on here, a stand that is made for the stage!!

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2003, 09:06:19 PM »
I have done much research for this...and believe to have found the best one out there...and I've seen them ALL. I picked up a Bass Drum Mic Stand for about $30.00 at Guitar Center. Why is this the best one? First off, it has a circular bottom (not a tripod) so it makes the smallest footprint possible, it adjusts about 3 feet high (eventhough you would never go that high) and it has a very low center of gravity. I record Steve Kimock Band regularly along with Vinyl, Topaz, etc...and this stand is made for that application.  No riggin' going on here, a stand that is made for the stage!!

nice, will have to check that out.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com