Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: $1,500+ to Burn... Need EXPERIENCED Recommendations... (COMPLETE!!!)  (Read 26843 times)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: $1,500+ to Burn... Need EXPERIENCED Recommendations...
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2005, 11:54:31 AM »
I went from mosh pits (slayer, nuclear assault, destruction, creator..etc) straight into the embrace of the Grateful Dead.

not sure how it happened.
I still love good deth metal, but am only interested in the "classics".
that said, I say reign in blood and peace sells were the best.

I love the Dead too... though I'm not the hugest fan on the planet, but I love their music.   Both records you mention are excellent.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2005, 03:15:59 PM »
I went from mosh pits (slayer, nuclear assault, destruction, creator..etc) straight into the embrace of the Grateful Dead.

Ha! That is funny... I went from old school punk to hardcore punk (I've actually seen bands like DRI, Black Flag, Husker Du, 7 seconds back in the day) to speed metal (saw Slayer in Rochester; fav album = Decade of Aggression) to alternative to classic rock (got into this after moving to Boulder, CO of couse!) to hip hop (the more poetic stuff, not the mysogynistic crap) to now pretty much everything including classical over the course of my life. I grew up in Ithaca, NY, which is where Pyramid Sound is. They are the low-bug studio that brought us the likes of S.O.D., Anthrax, and a bunch of other heavy/hardcore bands way back in the day. LOL! Anyway, funny to see the death metal comments from a guy who loves the dead now because I fall in some of those camps myself. One of the best concerts I've ever seen was Metallica OPENING for Ozzy on the Master of Puppets Tour (when Cliff was still the bassist). They simply blew Ozzy away so bad that the fans almost rioted before Ozzy came out, and it was the only time I've seen a true "opening act" (as opposed to co-headliners) come back out for an encore. Gotta love the metal, but these days I'm a little more mellow when it comes to listening to good music... :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 03:22:31 PM by Tainted »
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2005, 03:31:52 PM »
I saw the worcester stop of that tour as well.
S.O.D..what ever happened to Billy Milano?
:)

Ray76

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2005, 04:35:36 PM »

Ha! That is funny... I went from old school punk to hardcore punk (I've actually seen bands like DRI, Black Flag, Husker Du, 7 seconds back in the day) to speed metal (saw Slayer in Rochester; fav album = Decade of Aggression) to alternative to classic rock (got into this after moving to Boulder, CO of couse!) to hip hop (the more poetic stuff, not the mysogynistic crap) to now pretty much everything including classical over the course of my life. I grew up in Ithaca, NY, which is where Pyramid Sound is. They are the low-bug studio that brought us the likes of S.O.D., Anthrax, and a bunch of other heavy/hardcore bands way back in the day. LOL! Anyway, funny to see the death metal comments from a guy who loves the dead now because I fall in some of those camps myself. One of the best concerts I've ever seen was Metallica OPENING for Ozzy on the Master of Puppets Tour (when Cliff was still the bassist). They simply blew Ozzy away so bad that the fans almost rioted before Ozzy came out, and it was the only time I've seen a true "opening act" (as opposed to co-headliners) come back out for an encore. Gotta love the metal, but these days I'm a little more mellow when it comes to listening to good music... :)

some good taste there, Tainted! pretty much echoes what I was into (and still am a bit) before I got heavy into Old/Alt Country

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2005, 04:52:02 PM »

some good taste there, Tainted! pretty much echoes what I was into (and still am a bit) before I got heavy into Old/Alt Country

And before you purchased the whole Kenny G catalog.... :lol:
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Ray76

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2005, 05:01:04 PM »

You funny fella you.! :P ;D

on a related note, I do like hall and oats.

Kenny G...reminds me of the norm macdonald nightly news...."On related notes, Kenny G released his Christmas album Today. Happy Birthday Jesus!, Hope you like Crap!!" ;D

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2005, 05:13:15 PM »

Kenny G...reminds me of the norm macdonald nightly news...."On related notes, Kenny G released his Christmas album Today. Happy Birthday Jesus!, Hope you like Crap!!" ;D

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

A friend of mine in a local band was supposed to open up for Hall and Oates here in Detroit - Oates ended up getting ill though... so he opened for f'n Avril Lavigne! :lol:   She's punk as fuck.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Ray76

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2005, 05:19:55 PM »

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

A friend of mine in a local band was supposed to open up for Hall and Oates here in Detroit - Oates ended up getting ill though... so he opened for f'n Avril Lavigne! :lol:   She's punk as fuck.

She sure is. Wendy O Williams has nothing on her. :P

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2005, 05:22:59 PM »
She's punker than the Sex Pistols.   OI!

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Ray76

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2005, 05:25:15 PM »
She's punker than the Sex Pistols.   OI!

fuggin a she is.

on a side note, id love to bang her.if i werent married

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2005, 06:51:02 PM »
Any of you guys live in the Bay Area? I'm in SF, just wondering if anyone else lives near me?

Also, what do you guys think about the AT822 or AT825 stereo mics? I know they aren't the "best" mic out there, and I know they are single point with the angle of the internal mics locked down, but it seems like there are a ton of used ones around, they aren't too expensive, they'll convenient, and they've been field-tested for YEARS by loads of different people in different applications and they produce pretty good results. Would I be dumb to go with one as a "starter" mic? Seems like it wouldn't be a bad choice as a starter mic... I mean it's better than a lot of "starter" mics people buy, and it might serve me well for a while before I feel compelled to upgrade... Thought?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 06:57:05 PM by Tainted »
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

Ray76

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2005, 06:54:46 PM »
Any of you guys live in the Bay Area? I'm in SF, just wondering if anyone else lives near me?

im across the ocean in germany.

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Bongo Bongo
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2005, 07:07:10 PM »

Also, what do you guys think about the AT822 or AT825 stereo mics? I know they aren't the "best" mic out there, and I know they are single point with the angle of the internal mics locked down, but it seems like there are a ton of used ones around, they aren't too expensive, they'll convenient, and they've been field-tested for YEARS by loads of different people in different applications and they produce pretty good results. Would I be dumb to go with one as a "starter" mic? Seems like it wouldn't be a bad choice as a starter mic... I mean it's better than a lot of "starter" mics people buy, and it might serve me well for a while before I feel compelled to upgrade... Thought?

Great idea for a starter mic. I think these sound pretty decent given their low price.

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline Chad817

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2005, 08:41:32 PM »

S.O.D..what ever happened to Billy Milano?
:)

oh man, that brings back some memories.  I remember being about 9 or 10 and listening to speak english or die with my brother.  We felt like such little badasses.
studio projects c4 > edirol ua-5 [digi mod] > Microtrack II

laying around: sp cmc-4, power supply and jb3

Ray76

« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2005, 09:16:19 PM »

Great idea for a starter mic. I think these sound pretty decent given their low price.

the rode nt4 is a great sounding deal too. have a show taped with it that i will put up tommorow..sounds great. MAssive Bass

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.125 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com